Thread: Ultimate question about the future of the universe

thinBasic MVPs

Ultimate question about the future of the universe

Where is Eros?
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

According to forum statistics, he was online yesterday, I am sure Eros is just a bit busy at the moment.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I'm always here ... around.
    Do not worry, I'm just ultramega full at work.

Sorry about the situation but currently job comes first even of time spent with family
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Attached the reason why overloaded at work.

My company has changed our Sales Agent software from a home made one to Microsoft CRM.
    We have 60 agents working all over Italy. We collect every year about 90000 orders from 5600 customers for a total of 3.5 millions lines of sales orders.

Our software was developed for the last 15 years but it has reached a point where no other improvements were possible.
    We decided to move on and choose a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) able to help us for the next 10 years. We choose Microsoft CRM, a software having millions of users around the world.
    We spent the last 6 months to created in/out data interfaces to our legacy system and to customize the CRM on our needs.
    This month we started to move some sales agent (9 out of 60) from old software the the new one keeping alive the old system with the new one.
    It seems we were successful: in few days we collect more than 200 orders for more than 130000 euro value. And no errors so far.

Next step is to move all other sales agents to the new system by the end of november. But the hardest part (interfaces and customization) is done and seems working fine.

Regarding thinBasic, I'm sorry but recently I was not able to develop anything.
    I will restart thinBasic development on the 10th of August during my holidays.

In the meantime I've bought a new dedicated server to handle thinBasic community.
    Current server is a 5 years old Win2003 single CPU 2 core server with just 1 GB of RAM.
    New server is a Win2012 2 CPU 8 Core with 16GB of RAM. I'm finishing to configure Plesk Panel system and during September I will move current web site to the new one giving more power to community and community users.
    Maybe I will move vBulletin forum version 4.x to the new vBulletin Connect 5.x http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ but I'm not still sure because vB 5 is still under heavy development: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/vb5_upgrade_from4

Anyway, I visit community forum every day and I will continue thinBasic development very soon, so do not worry.

Ciao
    Eros
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 28-07-2013 at 22:17.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

thinBasic MVPs
    We're saved and the universe won't collapse into another dimension!

That makes me happy, especially because I don't know how to create some compiled module of all the useful functions I wrote in the last weeks.
    I already got myself some used powerbasic 10.02 for 10€ from a flea-market - the trader demanded 15€ first - what a bargain - I could not resist! Good to have it-just in case - but I've not found out yet how to compile stuff for tB with it - and honestly I'm currently not really interested in learning how to operate PB.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Whoa, new server monster sounds great even for gaming

Rene, in case you would need any help regarding module developement, just ask. PB 10 is good tool, I would recommend to update it to 10.04, it is free.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB