Thread: OS impact?

OS impact?

Greets Eros and others,

Back with a "wondering" question about something that just appeared and that I'll code around using the old method. With my large matrix based data came about a new method of writing the data to file, using this line of code;

FILE_Append(FileWriteName, Join$(MyMatrix, $SPC, $CRLF))

Works great, with speed improvements I've mentioned in another thread. So after much trial and tribulation, I was all set to turn a system into the mighty data cruncher and see final results in about 12 hours. Except it never got past the first data crunching. The program got to the line above to write out to file and then went off into Windows never-neverland.

My primary system is Win7 64 Home Premium and the above line of code works wonderfully. The "data cruncher" is a year-old system with a dual core Intel, 8gb of ram and ... Windows XP64. So what about the (much) older, but plenty solid XP64 would cause thinBasic and the line of code above to go wonky? thinBasic doesn't crash, but it send the OS into fits, where under normal circumstances I would see 50% CPU usage running thinBasic, but now I see 70-80% CPU activity and nothing to show for all the activity. For reference, on my i7 primary system I would see a file processed about every 25-30 seconds. The XP64 system I wouldn't see anything after 10 minutes!

Now I'll go code the nested For...Next loops to get the output to file, so this isn't a problem to speak of, other than longer processing time. I'll check back if any further information on my end might be required.

Lance

Greets All,

Never mind, the dummy programmer had a flash of intelligence and solved the "problem"! The data cruncher has v1.9.6.0 installed on it. The new and improved additions to the language were in a separate .DLL file in another thread. The "dummy" copied the correct DLL to the other system and it's churning through the code, just as I had hoped... and prayed!

Best regards from the "Left Coast" of the US and that's what the LC stands for in LCSim(ulation)s,

Lance