Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Age Oracles

New Age Oracles

Apparently, no "Ascension" occurred on 2012-12-21.

But, were they deterred?

No!

(Would you rather enslave yourself to someone who is delusional, someone who is a fraud, or, someone who is both?)

http://goldenageofgaia.com/

Last edited by danbaron; 10-01-2013 at 09:38.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

Hi Dan, I thought you might have ascended

Never mind. Next opportunity 21st March 2013

The most important thing is that, I get the privileges and attention I deserve.

Lately, I am skeptical about any spirituality.

My experience is that, you or I can pray all day, and the effect is zero.

Anyone can try two experiments.

Go for 6 months or a year, praying for those who are important to you.

Then, go for 6 months or a year, not praying at all.

My experience is that, the outcomes are the same.

Of course, during both experiments, you should expend your own energy doing what you are able to, to help those you want help for.

I have been following the website I referenced above, since maybe the beginning of 2012 - so, I guess I can be accused of being gullible - but, also, it is interesting to me to try to understand these people, who, statistically, I think are quite unusual.

It does seem to me, that some people think that, if enough people believe something, then, that something, if it does not already exist, will manifest - from nothing.

I am quite cynical about such beliefs.

Additionally, my observation is that New Age practitioners are relatively financially secure - it's a lot easier to believe in magic, when, for instance, you don't have leprosy, and are not starving to death.

I think at the end of the 19th century, those who believed in the various forms of spiritualism which were popular then, also were concomitantly financially secure.

I guess, one pejorative term I can think of to describe New Age Believers is, "dilettantes" (<- Doesn't English go out of its way to make spelling difficult?).

But, especially with reference to the above website, how can an observer make the delineation between delusion and fraud?

My guess is that in most cases it is not a case of either or, both contribute simultaneously.

Concerning the same website, its name has now been changed from, "the2012scenario" to, "goldenageofgaia".

I guess everyone is supposed to forget that none of the spectacular promises which were predicted for on or before 2012-12-21, manifested - or at least, not one promise which could be confirmed with one or more of the standard five human senses.

So, I see a similarity to a cult - no prediction can ever be verified to have happened.

And, amazingly, like in a cult, a large percentage of the followers remain, even after predictions have again and again not materialized.

The website has come up with, what seems to me to be, a new sales pitch, "The Nova Earth Society".

And, coincidentally, serendipitously, The Nova Earth Society wants the website visitors to contribute $100,000 to it, in the next two weeks.

My guess is that it is dreaming if it thinks if will receive anywhere near that amount.

Cults have their own vocabularies - yes?

Members in good standing at "The Golden Age of Gaia", are referred to as "lightworkers" (always flatter those who you want something from, correct?).

--------------------------------------

Let me know if and when anyone can provide sensory evidence for any of the claims of Buddha, Jesus, the Bible, etc.

Until then, isn't the simplest explanation that, humans are not more than their bodies?

--------------------------------------

And, let me know when 100,000 people, using the combined power of their common intention, can raise a penny one inch into the air.

Maybe you will think this is bragging, but, just by using the muscles in my arm and hand, I can simultaneously raise hundreds of pennies to the ceiling!

"You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

Smart one:

Our goal is to maintain a degree of normalcy in your societies and to make it look as if nothing much is changing. This is intended to be a temporary façade, as in reality much has changed and is nearly ready to manifest. This is being done for the sake of stability because back in the 1990s, we learned that your world was unable to handle huge surprise events, or even big change on an incremental scale. We have therefore instituted a number of stopgap measures which will secure the appearance of normalcy and keep largely under wraps what is about to happen. Until we reach the launch point, know that a grand change is on the near horizon which will bloom naturally and organically when the magic moment arrives.

http://galacticchannelings.com/english/sheldan08-01-13.html

I read Galactic Channelings too.

Sometimes I find errors in grammar and syntax - I guess those are the fault of the receiver (the channeler), not the transmitter (ET, dead person, etc.).

To me, what is most likely, is that the channelers are frauds, whether or not they realize it.

Could the common thread connecting most channelers be that, previously they were "nobodies", and by channeling, they became "somebodies"?

I guess such people could actually be fooling themselves, deluded.

And, of course there would also be those who get emotional gratification from successful deception.

-------------------------------------

Absolutely, I think for at least 99% of people, truth is not the highest priority.

A person, or a group of people, could intuit the most complicated detailed beautiful theory or story, but, reality, truth, doesn't care.

-------------------------------------

The next quote, I would most likely put in the box labeled, "bullcrap".

Your planet is completing the preliminaries for a magnetic pole shift that will change your world from a dipolar realm to a true monopolar one.

I think channelling (and hypnotic states) are in the realm of imagination. But what truths and mathematical insights are to be found there.

Computer programmers should be called 'crystal workers', as we spend much of our time invoking spells on wafers of fine silicon and quartz

I do feel some antagonism towards, some contempt for, the New Age cognescenti, and the associated channelers.

If you present something as non-fiction, when, it is in fact fiction, then, are you not either dishonest, delusional, or deceived?

Why did I include "deceived"?

Because, I can imagine situations in which a dishonest or delusional person, convinces others.

Those others may then attempt to convince still more, but, they (the others) are unaware that the claims are false.

I suspect this often occurs with respect to religious evangelizing.

------------------------------------

Why are people so prone to promoting what they wish was, instead of what most likely is?

Have you come across Dolores Cannon yet?

There are plenty of Youtubes and radio, but these book reviews are good too:

The Convoluted Universe

http://www.amazon.com/The-Convoluted...DateDescending
    Last edited by Charles Pegge; 14-01-2013 at 03:19.

This is an earlier work by Dolores Cannon

In one chapter she relates the concept of Imprints by which a soul can assimilate somebody elses past life experinces. - Sounds like a celestial memory stick

The Death Experience

http://galactic.no/rune/DoloresCanno... and Death.pdf

Lately, I guess I have acquired an angry, cynical outlook.

Here is what I currently think.

The most reliable existential model for a person to base his outlook on, is that, all existence is meaningless.

We do not exist for any great unknown purpose.

We are not more than our bodies.

When someone dies, he simply ceases to exist in any and every form.

No ETs have ever been to this planet.

All that exists, is material - there are no spiritual beings, there is no spiritual realm.

Morality is purely, entirely, subjective.

Anyone who says he has knowledge of ETs, or the spiritual realm, is some combination of deluded and fraudulent.

In my opinion (as of today), if you accept this existential model, you will go through your entire life and encounter no verifiable sensory (five standard senses) evidence which refutes it.

---------------------------------------

Would people who believe what I said above, still have children?

I think that, experience demonstrates, that they do!

Why would they?

I think because, they are biologically programmed to be (at least relatively) unhappy, until they do.

They reproduce, not for the benefit of their children, but, only for the benefit of themselves (although, in almost every case, they will do all they can to deny this truth, even to, maybe especially to, themselves).

Last edited by danbaron; 18-01-2013 at 11:15.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.