Thread: Spaniards Fight Banks Over Home Evictions

Spaniards Fight Banks Over Home Evictions

"With certain banks taking bailouts from the state, the campaign groups say institutions who are looking for support from the taxpayer shouldn't be throwing customers out on to the streets."

I think the whole thing is so crooked, that words cannot describe it.

Timothy Geithner is our treasury secretary.

His father had a similar position, and that, in my opinion, is the only reason Geithner is where he is.

In truth, we are governed by the same families down through the generations.

But, that is the last thing those in power want us to realize.

People have no recourse from within the system.

Their only recourse is to submit to it, or defy it.

When Geithner was president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, just before he became treasury secretary, he made loans to banks with an interest of 0.01%.

Banks make loans to people, with interest sometimes over 20%.

That would be 2000 times the interest that Geithner charged to the banks.

It's sickening, and, you can't find a single public voice who says a word about it.

Additionally, since currency is tied to, is officially guaranteed to be redeemable for, nothing at all, the government has the power to inflate people into destitution at its will.

Again, the people have no recourse but either to submit, or to defy the system.

But, absolutely, almost everyone who is benefiting from the system as it is, hasn't the slightest care for those who are cheated and used by it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

On another topic, Britain just celebrated, I think, Elizabeth 2, being queen for 60 years.

I don't understand it.

To me, the British are celebrating their belief that some people are better than others, only because of their lineage.

I know little about history, and have almost no interest in it.

But, my guess is that, a long time ago, there were various gangs who butchered each other over the territory of England.

Finally, one gang won.

Then, over hundreds of years, it did all it could to legitimize itself in the eyes of the people.

Would the people support the idea of kings, queens, princes, princesses, dukes, duchesses, etc., if they had not been propagandized to believe that the royals deserve all of their advantages?

To me, all of the ceremonies, ranks, rituals, costumes, etc., serve to bolster the notion in the people, that, the royals are in fact legitimate.

But, I think the whole thing is a scam, and, I bet I'm not the only one.

If you think about it, what is more tyrannical than a monarchy?

But since Britain is now governed by Parliament, would you explain the fact that the monarchy still exists, as, "monarchy nostalgia", or, "the long sad goodbye"?

"You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

We tried living without monarchs, and all their war-mongering, and got 'president' Cromwell instead. It was as miserable as being ruled by the Taliban. After a while, we found the safest solution was to have a ceremonial monarchy, with most of its powers delegated to parliament.

They are hugely popular and entertain us all. (They only cost us each about £2/year)

Some uniforms associated with royal regiments: does anyone know what apparatus is contained in those big furry hats? (called Busbys)

Last edited by Charles Pegge; 08-06-2012 at 11:58.

"He said that other board members at the savings bank, based in Alicante, eastern Spain, included a checkout worker and a sociologist. A dance teacher, an artist and a university psychologist were also reportedly on the board."

http://the2012scenario.com/2012/06/s...g/#more-126773

"You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields