Thread: legally download Windows 7

legally download Windows 7

if you buyed a computer with OS installed but without the windows 7 DVD, then this article from PCWORLD magazine decribe how to download an iso file of windows 7 from a legal site and make your own dvd or USB flash drive. now you must know before your own original Windows 7 product key and he provides a utility called "Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder" (but beware she try to install "Registry Mechanic" without your approval). so better to turn off the internet before running the Keyfinder.
    he provide 6 different versions of windows 7 sp1 to download ( English versions), and your own product key can work only with the corresponding downloaded product.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/24899..._the_disc.html

why the laptops manufacturers don't provide an OS DVD even the OS installed are legal ?? i can't understand. the recovery disk provided can't replace the importance of the OS DVD. because you may want to install a fresh new OS.
    Last edited by zak; 25-03-2012 at 21:00.

thanks zak for the tip

thinBasic MVPs

Lightbulb Have you played with my winkey its amazing

Quote Originally Posted by zak View Post
    why the laptops manufacturers don't provide an OS DVD even the OS installed are legal ?? i can't understand. the recovery disk provided can't replace the importance of the OS DVD. because you may want to install a fresh new OS.
    The simple answer is time and money.

Have you looked at my winkey it should work on Win7 it shows a key on my win7 64 bit but I cant tell if its legit because I don't have access to the email with the key.

Here is a tweaked version that I have not worked on since 2009 and its safe no extra installed stuff and its 100 % ThinBasic.

Mike C.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Thanks Mike for the winkey utility, i have tried it on windows xp/sp3 and it gives the same info as "Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder ".
    better to use in the future and more handy.