Thread: funDialox demo (testing)

funDialox demo (testing)

hello all

yesterday evening I found several old powerbasic examples and complete this to a simple "funDialox" module for testing. I couldn't sleep as my young daughter couldn't sleep this night. I've installed thinbasic 1.8.9.0. for testing this module.

the fundialox works like an ui dialog. in syntax you can see what's possible (buttons, textbox, listview, label, dialog with colors). perhaps anybody can give feedback if this fundialox module is working correct and working with win 7 (I am still using xp window).

all you need you will find in zip folder. have fun with it now I can understand what a big job this must be to write a whole interpreter / compiler. I have some great respect of those guys!

best regards, frank
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lionheart008; 15-03-2012 at 15:10.
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Hi Frank
    i have tried your example on windows 7 wich i use very rarely just for testing. and yes it works and its events as should be like in windows xp. my system is 32 bit.
    so you want to make fatBasic versus ThinBasic, we may see it someday here http://basic.mindteq.com/index.php i suggest a name sportyBasic, or as i know you like the graphics i suggest this name { GraphicaBasica } , it inherits the glory of the oldest MS Basica language, and the colorful graphical world.

thank you zak for testing it was just an eample and understanding how such a dialog works with parsing and making buttons, textbox, labels and listbox (that was much more work to do!). I haven't a special name in my mind (perhaps "funBasicz"), but I will ask again in some weeks or month. "sportyBasic" isn't bad as "graphicaBasic", pretty nice names! perhaps it's possible to make a stand-alone-version of it, I don't know yet. the graphical things I prefer, that's right and interesting for me for the future. But what I will do further with this fundialox I don't know. I wasn't programming last month a lot with thinbasic, but it's a great interpreter, that's a fact!

question: do you see the syntax with blue colored commands in your dialog?

nice week, best regards, frank
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

No , your own keywords are not colored whether in xp or win7 http://s18.postimage.org/sh1auhce1/fundialox.jpg,
    we must overwrite the original thinBasic_Keywords.ini in folder "C:\thinBasic\thinAir\Syntax\thinBasic" or write your own keywords in the file thinBasic_Keywords_Usr.ini which are located in the same directory and it will be colored. seems to me Eros forgot nothing, i have noticed this file just now.

Fundialox module: Pixel dialog, Imageloading, Gdiplus included

last night I added new features in my Fundialox module. It's now possible to load Images (png, bm, jpg..) using gdiplus include files. that was a hard work to collect all necessary files for it!

all example you will find in zip folder: images, thinbasic examples, fundialox.dll.

for zak: there is also a description how to use this new syntax

I would be glad if there are some users here for testing the new features.

I have had two years ago experiments with "tb_graphx module". now I know where I did some mistakes in parsing and the setup of gdiplus include files to convert to a separately module

' - Empty GUI script created on 04-06-2012 09:14:22 by lionheart008 (frank brübach)
    ' - a) dialog units and b) pixel dialog and c) true! gdiplus image loading

Module "Fundialox"

Begin Const     
      %myPics = 1
      %myPics2
    End Const

Dim hdlg As Long, hdc As Long
    '------------------------------- // pixel dialog ! 

' here: load by using gdiplus files various image files like JPG, PNG format

IMGDL(0, "myTestDialog for ImageLoading: Swan_PNG + EasterTree_JPG",100,100,770,460) 'pixel dialog

GRAFX(%mypics,"", 0,0, 750, 450) 'load place where to load the image
    grafxcol(RGB(0,0,0),RGB(0,0,200)) 'background color of pixel dialog

myPic("osterbaum1.jpg", hdc, 10,10) 'you can load several images in one scene!
    myPic("schwan1.png", hdc, 400,120)

modalix(1)

best regards, happy easter days and better wheather here for germany, servus, Frank
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lionheart008; 07-04-2012 at 10:27.

thats small and easy to use, it should be added to the user experimental modules, i can't find it. i suggest to add the ability to maintain the pictures proportions with the form if we click expand icon , as an example the official thinbasic example C:\thinBasic\SampleScripts\GDIp\GDIp_BackImage.tbasic has this feature.
    is the easter eggs tree picture is the Germany easter 10000 eggs tree ?
    youtube.com/watch?v=vxMGQnS4Ao4

PS: i have found user experimental modules Forum:
    http://www.thinbasic.com/community/f...rary-interface
    Last edited by zak; 07-04-2012 at 14:51.

thanks for good tool!

thanks lionheart for this interesting, very short and great gdiplus module ! I have tested fundialox without any problems last days. good job and idea. I am sure it was not easy convert all gdiplus files for thinbasic, isn't it? cheerios, floyd

can a mixed freebasic/powerbasic module know each other?

a) I have particular question about module correspondence between (for example) freebasic written and powerbasic written language.

It is possible that two different modul "Mr. A" (powerbasic compiled) and "Mr. B" (freebasic compiled) can know each other and work together?

Mr. A does the graphical work and Mr. B does the console work. I suppose they don't know each other and they cannot talk together in same language because of different DLL's and language structure, I am right or wrong?

b) thanks floyd for your feedback, to include gdiplus the time took nearly about 2,5 hours to implement in fundialox module

regards, frank
    Last edited by Lionheart008; 11-05-2012 at 11:06.

thinBasic MVPs

Lightbulb

Do you mean you create a dll in FB and another in PB and use then call them from another executable then the answer is yes.

Remember FB doesn't handle strings the same way as PB if my memory is correct.

Regards

Mike C.
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Remember FB doesn't handle strings the same way as PB if my memory is correct.
    thanks michael for feedback.I can remember these problem zones to my old "liongfx" module too and all the examples. but there were other problems I must detect last days that there were problems between dimension types udt "types ... end types" between powerbasic and freebasic. I will check what's going on there. nice week-end, best regards, frank