Thread: Application forum: observations

Application forum: observations

Quote Originally Posted by largo_winch View Post
    I think there must be a kind of "comparison" with equal "level quality" of the application. it's perhaps not fair (for the users or the developer too) to compare a simple console script with calculation to a big application or game. For my opinion there must be an added feature with "level" quality for the poll or the application entry. my vw beetle cannot be a concurrent for a ferrara f1 bolide. I know the user's here has to decide but I guess there must be a certain choice of level entry or add some new categories for the application (beginner, advanced, professionals).
    Interesting observation.
    In principle I can agree but quality lever is something very difficult to judge.
    There can be a quality for many aspects:
    • quality for source code (quite difficult: I like long names, other like short names for variables)
    • quality for comments present in the source code
    • quality for the application documentation
    • quality for the author support
    • ... what else ??
    Also I do not think on equation: BigApplication = HighQuality
    I can see a lot of quality also in little applications.

I will think about that and move this request to the author of this forum modification.

Thanks
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

the script example for the month for competition should be a new example or written between one month not older. that's my suggestion. and the user or developer should get a special reward, they're taking part for that entry. therefore the blaming factor isn't high if you are loosing

- floyd (paul)

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    the script example for the month for competition should be a new example or written between one month not older. that's my suggestion.and the user or developer should get a special reward, they're taking part for that entry. therefore the blaming factor isn't high if you are loosing

- floyd (paul)
    "Apprication of the month" applications are nominated by user just going into the application clicking nominate link.
    Also consider that the same application can be nominated in different AOTM because the application author can improve it and release new advanced versions.
    Users can discover an applications month after its publication so they can nominate it month later.

I'm also talking with the author ot this forum feature modification ( http://snogssite.com/showthread.php?...full=1#post820 ) to see if we can add new features.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000