Thread: bodyMassIndex Calculator (english+german metrics)

bodyMassIndex Calculator (english+german metrics)

this shows a "bodyMassIndex" calculator for english + german metrics convertion. type in your body width and body weight, press calculation body and see if your bmi index result is ok or not

bye, largo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

http://www.thinbasic.com/community/s...yout-for-infos

info: this thinbasic application is an update from the example I've sent some weeks ago. the new version shows both calculations for a) us_english metrics and german_european values. this BodyMassIndex example shows bmi result that's acceptable for normal human beeings and bodys without any handicaps (missing arms, legs, fingers, feet). this application uses standard bmi table from WHO organisation. this bmi calculator isn't perfect for children or very strong muscle bodys (bodybuilders). but for adults, the youth and older people up to 76-80 years old this bmi calculator should be ok.

bye, largo

thanks largo, your programs can be used for educational purposes with the pictures and illustrations and animations (such as animated GIFs).
    i suggest as a future project to compose an Ebook in the form of a CHM file (compiled html files) in wich the description of the code are side by side with the code files in the form of rar/zip file. i saw somewhere in my huge hard disk an ebook in which we click a link in it and we download offline its source code from the chm file itself, but i don't know how to implement this feature.

Largo,

thanks for participating to thinBasic Application Forum.
    Your application is great and exactly in the spirit of the new thinBasic Application Forum community feature.

Your BMI has a lot of potentiality for improvements.

I've nominated it as AOTM (Application of the month.
    As soon as there will be at least 3 applications in thinBasic Application Forum I will start AOTM contest

Thanks again
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

"compare level quality" of application is needed?

thank you zak and eros for your answers and motivation and compliments. I know there can be a lot of improvements (for example to add sliders for bmi Index calc or access data to the grid, but that's perhaps task for next month, if there is more time)!

I think there must be a kind of "comparison" with equal "level quality" of the application. it's perhaps not fair (for the users or the developer too) to compare a simple console script with calculation to a big application or game. For my opinion there must be an added feature with "level" quality for the poll or the application entry. my vw beetle cannot be a concurrent for a ferrara f1 bolide. I know the user's here has to decide but I guess there must be a certain choice of level entry or add some new categories for the application (beginner, advanced, professionals).

bye, largo

Quote Originally Posted by largo_winch View Post
    I think there must be a kind of "comparison" with equal "level quality" of the application. it's perhaps not fair (for the users or the developer too) to compare a simple console script with calculation to a big application or game. For my opinion there must be an added feature with "level" quality for the poll or the application entry. my vw beetle cannot be a concurrent for a ferrara f1 bolide. I know the user's here has to decide but I guess there must be a certain choice of level entry or add some new categories for the application (beginner, advanced, professionals).
    Interesting observation.
    Not to disturb this Application comments, reply is here: http://www.thinbasic.com/community/s...m-observations
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000