Thread: Big integers more examples

Big integers more examples

hello Johannes
    thanks for the BigInt module, sure it takes a big effort to do such a huge project.
    i suggest to add 4 or more examples , so Eros may include those to the thinbasic math folder examples , the examples can be with the same spirit like "examples for beginners".
    it is an extra ordinary that a programming language have its own big integers math library,
    i hope with time the library will be used by mathematicians and others once they know about it especialy in universities, since it is more straightforward than using gmp library.

Zak,

Do you have any suggestions for the kind of examples you would want to see? The problem for me is that alsmost anything I have put in BigInt is "simple" for me.

What I could do is make example scripts for each of the chapters in my manual. They could function as a kind of hands-on tutorial. And now that I'm typing this that sounds like a good idea.

That will be something for the "to do" list though, along with the optimisations and extensions. I have to pack my bags in the next few days and have to make sure I don't forget my snorkel and beach towel.
    Boole and Turing, help me!

Primary programming: 200 MHz ARM StrongARM, RISC OS 4.02, BASIC V, ARM assembler.
    Secondary programming: 3.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E8500, Vista Home Premium SP2, thinBasic, x86 assembler.

Hi Johannes
    i suggest a few specific examples like addition, square root, power N, logarithm ,Fibo, just a few specimens of the usage , so the new user can appreciate immediately that this is what this library can do in practice.
    as an example i refer to a previous example i have posted for gmp library which was improved by Petr and enriched by Jack here:
    http://www.thinbasic.com/community/s...ion-arithmetic
    calc_v.0.0.rar‎ , improved by Petr to calc_v0_2.tbasic‎ then enriched by Jack until we reach calc_v0_3 , it is still very limited and with a few functions so your Library will make a big difference

i have suprised that calc_v0_3.tbasic downloaded 85 times in about 2 years and this is good for such libraries.
    indeed i am too ill or i will show in a more detail.