Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The latest TBGL version

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hartlef View Post
    But there must be a reason why you have this internal table. Could it be that at some point, the table could look like this?

texturelist(1) = 1
    texturelist(2) = 5
    texturelist(3) = 3
    texturelist(4) = 4

In TBGL -> It should not - before I generated texture handles for fonts first, which made handle offset from the begining. That is why it was handled that way. Now first go the textures and then fonts... so in TBGL, it will match.

But! "Thanks" to this, that TBGL init goes first, in sprites module your texture handles will start at bigger number, not from 1. And as I think of it, it will not be good idea to use fixed size texture list at all. Better to generate new texture handle for each sprite using glGenTextures command.

I can write you "garbage collector" for this if you need. In the end it will be more transparent and I will do such a thing in TBGL as well for the already mentioned "dynamic" approach.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hmm,

checking the texture right now... it seems I will add TBGL_GetTextureHandle( slot ) function. Otherwise we would dance on thin edge ... specs say the number series do not have to be consecutive... I did not see such a implementation yet, but better not play with fire.

Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber View Post
    Hmm,

checking the texture right now... it seems I will add TBGL_GetTextureHandle( slot ) function.
    I think that is all I need. Than I just have to get rid of the Load functions and can create the sprites from the loaded TBGL textures with the texture handle. Makes my life easier i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hartlef View Post
    Thanks Eros about the clarification. So I understand that PB8 will still work? I guess not, as you will have a new thinCore with elements that are available in PB9 only?
    thinCore exposes functions interfaces not related to the version of the compiler with which are built. You can and will be able to create modules with PB8 without any problem even if thinCore is built with PB9 and implements new interface functions.

Of course you will be able to get advantages of new thinCore interface functions only if you will have PB9 that implements COM OOP but this is another story.

So do not worry about your PB8 compiler it will work as usual.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Thanks for the clarification.

Hi,

I added the TBGL_GetTextureHandle function for Mike (I am sorry it took so long), and also included very important fix of aspect ratio related problems in case of custom entity camera with user defined field-of-view, reported by user Bernie.

See the latest version in the first post of this thread, as usually.

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 22-04-2011 at 08:04.

Thanks Petr.
    Very soon there will be a new thinBasic release with all libraries updated included.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

thinBasic MVPs
    Just for the naming-conventions, I thought you made TBGL_Periodic's all to start with the same name so TBGL_BindPeriodic..., TBGL_UnbindPeriodic... became obsolete.
    Now for the TBGL_...WindowEvent it's the "old way" again - so this is no big problem. I still could exchange in my script and the few downloaders of it probably will understand if Syntax changes before it's out-of-beta-stage
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Yes, it was a bit of dilema
    But all Window related functions take form of TBGL_*Window* (TBGL_SetWindowText, TBGL_ShowWindow, ...), so I followed it with events too.

Both TBGL_BindPeriodicFunction and TBGL_PeriodicBindFunction works. Marking it with obsolete means mostly "do not use in new scripts, it might get removed in future".

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 29-04-2013 at 12:11.

Petr,

I just downloaded the new TBGL version. Is it still necessary
    to run the following script: \thinBasic\thinAir\Syntax\thinBasic\thinBasic.CreateSyntaxIni.tBasic

I've already updated my thinBasic.

Bill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast