Thread: Who has owned the most computers in his/her life?

Who has owned the most computers in his/her life?

On one hand, you could say that the older you are, then, most likely, the more computers you have owned. On the other hand, you could say, that now, people begin owning computers at a younger age.

If I start thinking about how many computers I have owned, including programmable calculators, and pocket computers (Sharp), I feel somewhat ashamed.

And, I feel worse because some of them are still sitting here in the house, for nothing - they should have been long gone. My experience is that, getting rid of old computers is not so easy. Are you allowed to just dump them, and the monitors, in the garbage can?

Is there some way that I can get refunds for all of the computers that I have bought, which are now, not more than junk?

(Some emoticons do not show up. I try to put three of them above by signature. At most, one appears.)

Dan
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

same here, still have an Apple ][ an Amiga 2000 and a Ti-59 calculator besides the Mac pro that I now use.

Quote Originally Posted by danbaron View Post
    On one hand, you could say that the older you are, then, most likely, the more computers you have owned. On the other hand, you could say, that now, people begin owning computers at a younger age.
    Well, my family was always poor, so I didn't get my first computer until I was in middle school. Windows 95 would have been out or soon to be out, and my computer was an old DOS machine that my uncle put together for me.

I discovered QBasic on that. Didn't know what I was doing ... what so ever. Then, I took a computer course in 8th grade where the computers were older than I was, making QBasic look years ahead of its time. I learned some simple programming in class, and I took the concepts home and played with QBasic.

And, I feel worse because some of them are still sitting here in the house, for nothing - they should have been long gone. My experience is that, getting rid of old computers is not so easy. Are you allowed to just dump them, and the monitors, in the garbage can?

Is there some way that I can get refunds for all of the computers that I have bought, which are now, not more than junk?
    In most areas I think you aren't allowed to just dump. There is a company in town that takes old computer parts. I don't think he pays us. He may even charge a small fee, in fact. Good questions, though.

Mark