Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: StandAlone Oxygen

Re: StandAlone Oxygen

Another reason to develop for the new technology that is going to be mobile and non windows os.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/09/a...ad-core-compu/
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

I very much enjoyed working in ARM assembly code, with its elegant simplicity. But I don't have a clear picture of how you program these devices. Do you have to work through an IDE and emulate on the PC?

Charles

Charles,
    are you saying that you consider to address different cpu architecture with Oxygen?

Do ARM chips now have a divide function?
    And what about floating points?

bye
    efgee

ARM is certainly a possibility. My last encounter with ARM was about 20 years ago. The contemporary ones have built-in divide and the more advanced chips have floating point.

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic...RC0001_UAL.pdf

Anyway it all depends on what development tools we are meant to use on these mobile devices. If native assembly code is too specific then we can always resort to emitting C.

Charles

That is why I was saying the native sdk. The new devices next year will use those new chips. Nvidia uses arm cpus for their tegra 2's. So I am sure the tegra 3's or it should perhaps be called tegra 4's should use these quad core cpus. Android and Chrome are slated come out on tegra 2 based devices soon. I think in some lucky parts of the world they are out already.

So making o2h work with the native sdk, it should work fine, especially since it is geared for gcc c/c++.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-g...lications.html

As you can see, these companies have or are making software and I know it is via Android for now. They must be doing this via the native sdk.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

For help

Charles, I was going through the help file tonight. When I copy and pasted code from the help that I thought would work, it didn't. Perhaps a starter page saying what is needed to make a basic program run.

Here is a screenshot of the help I copied from and then how I got it to run. Minor things, but for someone just coming to o2h it could be a tough start without a simple introduction of where to begin.

Also, for those writing new code... you need to save your file with .o2bas extension before you can run, compile etc. That took me a few minutes to figure out
    Attached Images Attached Images

Getting message, missing oxygenb.bas

Charles, when I went to compile instead of run the opengl 4 port example, I get this message.
    error 3 about missing oxygenb.bas file.

Pressing F5, I can run it fine, but no build or compile without getting that message.

Hi Kent,

I see the problem. It is a truncation of the command line in the CO2 compiler. I have fixed this and added a few more locations to the Oxygen search path.

I'll be posting this update later today.

Thanks for testing!
    Charles

Okay, that's all working.

I'm developing another Opengl demo PortViewer2 which you can find in the /graphical folder.
    This hides all the crusty bits in a source library: glo2.inc

http://oxygenbasic.sourceforge.net

I will post the thinBasic version as soon as I have made a thinBasicSync tool.

Charles

hi charles, first of all, many many thanks for your great works and compliments! to be truly I have started some month ago to dive up into new dimensions with assembler coding! but it's just another cosmos for me

I've tested your oxygen stand alone compiler (oxideSc.exe) some minutes before.

=> push "F5" (GO) and Compile "Ctrl+F7".

1) "f5" caused "sc1" error message. 2) Ctrl+F7 works fine. But I cannot seen "HelloWin1.o2bas" window Frame (dialog). but where is it ? all tested with win xp sp2.

good luck for further examples and fixing first errors. thanks for your hard work.

one tipp: if you uses dialog with pbwin take perhaps to place dialog something with...

DIALOG NEW 0, "OxideSc",100,100, 800, 600, %WS_SYSMENU,, TO hDlg
    best regards, frank
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast