Thread: Getting error in Mandelbrot4 o2 demo Charles

Getting error in Mandelbrot4 o2 demo Charles

I am going over things in the latest release of thinBasic 1.8.0.0 and got an error when running the mandelbrot 4 demo.

I am running on Windows 7 64bit OS when getting the error. Screenshot attached showing the error. Hope it helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: Getting error in Mandelbrot4 o2 demo Charles

Hi Kent,

I was unable to find this file (I have too many!) - I think it must be an early version since the one I include in the examples/graphical folder is version MandTexCP14.

You might also be interested in seeing the first compiled 64 bit Asm in the Examples/Assembler/64bitMS folder. I hope my PE flags are correctly set for all the MS 64 bit platforms.

It is not possible to run this code directly from thinBasic because it won't work in a process launched in 32bit mode. So it creates an EXE file to run instead.

Now I have to write a 64bit runtime library for the Basic

Charles

Latest Oxygen
    http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?topic=2517

I was using the example from the oxygen sample scripts folder that comes with the latest thinBasic 1.8.0.0.

I will grab the latest from your link, thanks!

You guys that develop languages, I tell you, your work never ends and so many things to face. All I can do is pat you on the back and encourage you guys to carry on for the rest of us!

Updated: The Oxygen dll is newer than the one in the latest thinBasic download too, so somehow an older oxygen must be bundled with thinbasic 1.8.0.0 downloads.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Yes, this latest Oxygen was created today at 6:17 AM. I have taken out quite a few examples and introduced some new ones since March as well as altering the directory structure, which may be disruptive when installing updates of thinBasic.

Charles

Good find Kent,

I will make "installer error" report on this!

Charles, I almost forgot you code 64bit Oxygen, that is great!

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Petr,

Yes I have lept through the fire hoop without getting scorched! If you get the PE format wrong there are very few clues to help, and the documentation is quite thin. Also the placement of REX opcodes (to access higher registers and the extra bits) was not at all clear in the manuals. So trial and error was the only way.

Charles