Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All UK Airports Closed By Ash Cloud From Volcano

All UK Airports Closed By Ash Cloud From Volcano

Re: All UK Airports Closed By Ash Cloud From Volcano

This has never happened before in the UK. The news reports that all Scandinavian airports are similarly affected and also some flights in the Netherlands, Belgium and Spain.

Some concern about further eruptions from other volcanoes in the region since they are interconnected.

The ash is expected to remain in the upper atmosphere since we have an inversion layer (cold air below warm air) and the volcanic dust is expected to drift Eastwards across Europe.

Charles

2012 is quite round the corner
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

I dont belive in this 2012 jehova withnes things- im katholic.
    so if i dont belive this will not heapend.cheers people

thinBasic MVPs

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel
    I dont belive in this 2012 jehova withnes things- im katholic.
    so if i dont belive this will not heapend.cheers people
    I think you will find its Mayan long calender and perhaps the new world will be not windows based.
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

I think you will find its Mayan long calender and perhaps the new world will be not windows based. Laughing
    Heh Michael you are completly right
    Thanks heaven or cosmos im not from south america...

Oups....something wrong in my geography knowlwge -
    somwhere BELIZE,NICARAGUA - Maya land , is'nt?

[font=courier new]I am Catholic, too.

Concerning 2012, I think the idea of the end of the world originated with the
    Mayan calendar. I think it was (or is) a large circular carved stone. It
    terminates in 2012. So, some people (for reasons that are beyond me) believe
    that the world will end then. I don't know why these people think, that
    primitive people who lived many centuries ago, were able to predict the future
    many centuries ahead. Even now, we cannot precisely predict the weather one week
    in advance (except in extraordinary cases --> see below). I guess, that, in
    between performing human sacrifices on their stone altars, the Mayans developed
    super-advanced science - and they were able to do it without even having paper
    to write on!!; for them, stone was good enough, can you imagine that?!?!!

It couldn't just be that since the Mayans became extinct, their calendar had to
    end sometime, could it? I mean, can you imagine how big the stone would have to
    be, if the calendar went to infinity?!?!! It seems, that people taken as a
    group, are superstitious, even in an age when they profess to be psychologically
    sophisticated.

(I realize that my being Catholic, could cause you to think that I am one of the
    superstitious people I am talking about. Maybe, you are correct (maybe not). On
    the other hand, to me, if we are here for no objective purpose, then, all human
    activity and aspirations are meaningless - are due only to the architecture of
    the human brain, and, are therefore, compulsive. So, I think, in that case, life
    perpetuates, primarily due to inertia; and, our primary task, is to distract
    ourselves while we're here (whether we admit it or not (even to ourselves)), to
    pretend that the reality, is false.)

Anyway, I heard on the news that Reykjavik is frozen solid. All motion there
    has ceased. People are standing like statues or mannequins in the streets. The
    temperature there has been remotely measured at -213 degrees, Celsius. The
    hyper-cold air mass is moving easterly. Wear an extra sweater this weekend!!
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

I thought Eros was referring to the 2012 Olympics in London. If Iceland lets off any more volcanoes and disrupts air travel at that critical time, it will certainly feel like the end of the world to many.

Is there a date fixed for the Dies Irae?

Day of wrath! O day of mourning!
    See fulfilled the prophets' warning,
    Heaven and earth in ashes burning!

Charles

PS: No pumice and ash falling out of the sky so far, and it is very agreeable not to have noisy jets thundering overhead for a day or two.

now german airports are closed too

Joshy
    (Sorry about my bad English.)

thinBasic MVPs

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Pegge

PS: No pumice and ash falling out of the sky so far, and it is very agreeable not to have noisy jets thundering overhead for a day or two.
    The news is reporting it falling in scotland
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast