Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thinBasic 1.8.0.0

thinBasic 1.8.0.0

thinBasic 1.8.0.0 is out
    Download from: http://www.thinbasic.biz/projects/th...ic_1.8.0.0.zip

This is the last Win9x compatible version.
    For those who have followed thinBasic beta phase development, this is just a summary of all the changes (many hundred) that have been developed during the last year.
    If no important bugs will be found in next few days, I will officially release version 1.8.0.0 in main thinBasic web site.

Compared to latest thinBasic beta 1.7.10.3 this version has:
    • Core: an important fix on STATIC variables
    • iComplex module: added new function
    • thinAir: added option to activate/deactivate keywords codetips while typing
    • TBGL module: update to the latest available on SVN server
    • OXYGEN module: update to the latest available on SVN server

Attention:
    this version has a slightly different directory structure in \SampleScripts\TBGL\ so it is highly recommended to uninstall any previous thinBasic version you have currently installed.

Other updated files:
    • .chm help http://www.thinbasic.biz/projects/thinbasic/thinBasic_Help(Chm).zip
      (not necessary because already included into thinBasic setup)
    • .pdf help http://www.thinbasic.biz/projects/thinbasic/thinBasic_Help(PDF).zip
    • .html help http://www.thinbasic.biz/projects/thinbasic/thinBasic_Help(HTML).zip

Regards
    Eros

www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Re: thinBasic 1.8.0.0 preview

i will give it an try is the project feature now usable ?

Joshy
    (Sorry about my bad English.)

No project feature has been removed because it is an important feature and I want it working correctly.
    So I will work on it in next thinBasic 2.x

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Thanks Eros ,

Stan, Frank, Denis, I re-arranged the TBGL SampleScripts structure to be more easy to navigate and explore, I hope you will like it. Some examples were added as well.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

i don't know is it a new version of Oxygen
    or the new thinBasic release
    some scripts creashes here ?

for example try

\thinBasic\SampleScripts\Oxygen\Physics

Joshy
    (Sorry about my bad English.)

Thanks Eros for the info. So this will be then the last TB 1.x version, right?

As you removed the project feature from 1.8, the thinAir help file needs quite a change now and also looses quite a bit. So I repeat myself and have still the oppinion that it is better to remove the thinAir help file and just ship TB with the old version again. I think that there will be so many chances still, that a manual with wrong information will be worse than no manual. And also the distribution becomes smaller again.

Also reading the recent TB OOP discussion on GOOGLE WAVE, I get the impression that there is a huge interest in thinBasic 2 turning into a .NET language from some of your key supporters. If TB turns into this direction, then it needs a quite a change in TA's fucntionlities too.

Another question: In another topic I read a reply from you towards a new member here regarding the supported SDK's. I can't find that topic anymore but I would like to ask if I got that correct. FreeBasic and PowerBasic are the only supported SDK's at the moment, right?

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.Peters
    i don't now is it a new version of Oxygen

for example try

Joshy
    Yes, that crashes for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.Peters
    i don't know is it a new version of Oxygen

for example try

Joshy
    Ok, thanks
    I will recheck Oxygen examples I'm distributing with the one present in SVN server and see.
    This is a 1.8 preview that serve to finally test it before definitive release.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hartlef
    Thanks Eros for the info. So this will be then the last TB 1.x version, right?
    Yes, Michael. When finally released this will be the last thinBasic1.x release.
    If any important bug will be found in 1.8 I will try to fix it but just that.

As you removed the project feature from 1.8, the thinAir help file needs quite a change now and also looses quite a bit. So I repeat myself and have still the oppinion that it is better to remove the thinAir help file and just ship TB with the old version again. I think that there will be so many chances still, that a manual with wrong information will be worse than no manual. And also the distribution becomes smaller again.
    I like your thinAir Help. I do not care if something is missing or incomplete because your help is much better than previous one.
    If there will be a better version I will be happy to use it.

Also reading the recent TB OOP discussion on GOOGLE WAVE, I get the impression that there is a huge interest in thinBasic 2 turning into a .NET language from some of your key supporters. If TB turns into this direction, then it needs a quite a change in TA's fucntionlities too.
    Do not worry about that. For the moment (and here moment means years) I will remain on unmanaged code
    thinBasic is developed almost 99% using PowerBasic and I will remain with it. There is no .Net version of PowerBasic so there will not be any .Net thinBasic version. I hope PowerBasic will release a 64bit version of their compiler so maybe there will be a 64bit version of thinBasic.

What you see on Google Wave are ideas, thoughts, brainstorming, friends discussion. And they are very interested because exchanging ideas is always the best way to think to new ways of doing things. More brains are always better than just one. What other better way than having many and completelly different views of the same subject for getting the best at the end?

What is really in my mind at the moment for future versions of thinBasic is to expand UDT in order to have some kind of OOP classes. It is an area where I'm quite sure I can get some results and, consequently, give more power to thinBasic script. In any case nothing just round the corner.

Another question: In another topic I read a reply from you towards a new member here regarding the supported SDK's. I can't find that topic anymore but I would like to ask if I got that correct. FreeBasic and PowerBasic are the only supported SDK's at the moment, right?
    I think post is this one: http://community.thinbasic.com/index...24491#msg24491

No, it is not exactly that way. What I can say at the moment is that developing thinBasic modules using PowerBasic and/or FreeBasic is something I can support very easily so I suggest to remain with PowerBasic and/or FreeBasic.

Instead using the other SDK like C or iBasic or Delphi is for me very difficult to support because I'm not very fluent in C (Roberto was my C friend), iBasic is not anymore with us (but I see there are some movements) and Delphi is not in my current development knowledge.

But if someone would like to handover any SDK in any other programming language I will be happy to support the interfaces but not the user support.

Ciao
    Eros

thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.