Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: thinBasic 1.8.0.0

Re: thinBasic 1.8.0.0

thinBasic 1.8.0.0 has been published as official latest version in main thinBasic web site in order to reduce confusion.

I'm working at the next version that will bring few fixes, few new features and possibly a great improve for those developing thinBasic modules

www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Greetings. First I would just like to say thanks for a great language.I have a quick question about the license of thinbasic though which i hope has not been asked before. I see some of the modules are licensed differently to the main language and was just wondering how this would affect distribution on a commercial scale? I have always been terrible understanding licenses so would be gratefull if anyone could explain it to me. Thanks again and keep well.

Welcome Gregory!,

I think there are just 2 (from the total of ~40) modules with "specific" license:
    • TBASS
    • iComplex

The first one, used for advanced sound management, can be used for free in non-commercial applications.
    The second one can be used in public scripts only if you distribute them under GPL.

When you create EXE from your script, only the modules it uses are bundled with it. That means, if you don't use the mentioned 2 modules, you can freely distribute the final EXE, even for commercial purposes, without any complication.

In case you use TBASS, you have to pay fee to the authors of the library the module is based on. For shareware it is about 100 EUR, for more info please look here: http://www.un4seen.com/

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Eros Olmi
    thinBasic 1.8.0.0 has been published as official latest version in main thinBasic web site in order to reduce confusion.

I'm working at the next version that will bring few fixes, few new features and possibly a great improve for those developing thinBasic modules

Thanks for the update Eros!

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    Welcome Gregory!,

I think there are just 2 (from the total of ~40) modules with "specific" license:
    • TBASS
    • iComplex

The first one, used for advanced sound management, can be used for free in non-commercial applications.
    The second one can be used in public scripts only if you distribute them under GPL.

When you create EXE from your script, only the modules it uses are bundled with it. That means, if you don't use the mentioned 2 modules, you can freely distribute the final EXE, even for commercial purposes, without any complication.

In case you use TBASS, you have to pay fee to the authors of the library the module is based on. For shareware it is about 100 EUR, for more info please look here: http://www.un4seen.com/

Petr
    Thanks very much for the help!
    At least now its much clearer of exactly how things work.

I think ill keep it open for now and see what the future brings... Thanks Again!

Hi....
    I want build my own editor for thinBasic and i need list of commands
    keywords.
    I found in thinAir folder syntax which have keywords but im
    amazed how many keywords are there , if im see correctly
    somwhere about 4000 keywords,i also see that are
    splited between normal and keyw with % - are constants.
    So i need colorize in different color normal command and constants
    in different, is there list only with normal commands i mean without
    sign % ?
    I also made program which sort commands to
    10 commands in line inside string,becose list are huge.

zlatkoAB,

you can generate your keyword list by yourself the way you prefer.

Check inside \thinBasic\thinAir\Syntax\ directory and make a copy of "thinBasic.CreateSyntaxIni.tBasic" script.
    That script is used to generate keywords list

In your copy of the script, change the line
    [code=thinbasic]sKeys = APP_ListKeywords & $TAB & APP_ListFunctions & $TAB & APP_ListEquates[/code]
    to something like
    [code=thinbasic]sKeys = APP_ListKeywords[/code]
    This will list just keywords

Than change the output file name in order to create your own.
    That's all.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Thanks Eros ...
    I will do like you say...

PS.I do it..
    Cool works perfect

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.