Coding Monkeys:http://www.codingmonkeys.com holds an annual coding contest that runs from March 1st till January 31st. 2011
There are three (3) categories. I've already lined up some prizes ( more still coming).

This is a chance to promote your coding language and your coding skills, projects etc

The more interest that gets sparked by this contest the more sponsors we may get. Not many will support a contest that doesn't get any entries so spread the word

Over US$450.00 in prizes to be won (and more could still be added)

3D Game
1st prize(Total Value $212.59)
$89.99 Dark Game Studio from www.thegamecreators.com
$100 TGC Voucher from www.thegamecreators.com
More coming and yet to be announced

2nd prize(Total Value $50.00)
$50 TGC Voucher from www.thegamecreators.com

3rd - 10th place(Total Value unknown at this time)
500 points for the Game Creator Store from www.thegamecreators.com.

2D Game
1st prize(Total Value $122.60)
$100 TGC Voucher from www.thegamecreators.com

2nd prize(Total Value $50.00)
$50 TGC Voucher from www.thegamecreators.com

3rd - 10th place(Total Value unknown at this time)
500 points for the Game Creator Store from www.thegamecreators.com.

Non Game
1st prize

2nd prize

3rd - 10th place

You can use ANY coding language you like so long as the Software can be run on Windows XP or Vista or Windows 7 (sorry for 95, 98, ME, 2000, Linux, Mac, and other Platforms)

The Entry must be your (or your Team's) own work. You must have the rights to Distribute all content. (sound,Graphics,dll's, engines etc.. etc) If you don't then don't include it. Link to where you can get it in Dependencies

So Coding Monkeys is looking for Sponsors to help supply some prizes .. We are hoping to get Marketers of Coding related Software to Provide some. (This will be a great way for them to get their products / Name out to potential coders) If you would like to or know of someone who would like to help sponsor this or future contests them please contact monkey1@codingmonkeys.com with your details

Your Entries (yes you can enter in any / all categories multiple times .. but can only claim one prize category if you win you'll be awarded your highest .. if you get the same rank in multiple categories then you can choose which one you want to claim..)

Entries must not have been released prior to the start of the competition.. (eg: you can't enter old coding that have been entered into other contests or distributed anywhere else including here on CodingMonkeys)

No . Mods and levels etc for existing software don't count as an entry

All entries to contain (in a Zip file) the distributable (eg: .exe), media,screen shot and source code (which will remain yours to decide what to do with at the end of the contest.. Source code needed to confirm its your own work. It will not be issued out to the community unless you state you wish to do so.)

All entries are to be emailed to monkey1@codingmonkeys.com. they shall all remain hidden until the 31st January (to keep your ideas from the competition.. you can of course decide to share ideas or code if you like) then the entries will be stripped of the source code and then placed in a special downloads area for members to Download and Vote .. (all entries will be scanned for Viruses prior to being placed for download)

Entries will be Judged by your fellow community members. (only one Vote per IP address / Member will be accepted per category)

Voting will end on the 28th of February

The contest may be Canceled only If I don't get at least 3 entries in each category (after all i can't give out prizes if there are no entries )

CMCC10 Entry Form
(to be filled in and included in entry email to monkey1@codingmonkeys.com)

CM User Log-in:
Category:
Entry Name:
Description:
Dependencies:
Software inspired by:
Coding Language('s) used:
Do you have permission to distribute Content contained:
I hereby state that this software is my/our own Work:

Private Info which will not be Published with your Entry
Your Name:
Your Email:
I have included all source files for contest organizer:
Do you wish to make Source Code Available to Members:
Would you like CodingMonkeys.com to contact you about selling your product in our on-line store:
Blue Steel

Results from CMCC10

The CMCC10 - Coding Monkeys Coding Contest 2010 was withdrawn due to lack of entries(there was only 1 person who entered. They have suggested and agreed to defer their entry to the next years contest.. this one..)

Blue Steel