Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bible Flash Cards

Bible Flash Cards

I wanted to share with everyone what I have been working on. Problems which have been solved with the help of the thinbasic team (at least a couple of other threads recently) are no longer a problem. The program is far from done, but all the features I wanted in it to start out are here. I just need to add more flash cards. As it is, this version has 154 cards.

I don't have the source code on this computer. If anyone would like to see it, just let me know.

Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Bible Flash Cards

this is beautifull , of course post the code if possible
    also i suggest you may add pictures, illustrations in addition to the text
    regards

Nice GUI Mark,

I like it, maybe you could just remove WS_MAXIMIZEBOX.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by zak
    this is beautifull , of course post the code if possible
    I will post the code later today.

Quote Originally Posted by zak
    also i suggest you may add pictures, illustrations in addition to the text
    Where do you mean? The actual flash cards?

Now, if you mean the actual flash cards, a picture for each card. That would be a daunting task. I already have 154 cards and I have ideas for thousands more. I also have the idea of having sound with each card, like a reading of the verse. I or someone with a cool voice wouldn't have to physically read most of it because I have this version of the Bible on CD, but it would still be a lot of work.

But, if you mean just dressing up the GUI a little to make it look nicer ... sure.

My brother reminded me of an idea I had a while back. I would like to further design the GUI to look like a stack of idex cards or one index card ... or at least something resembling flash cards. There's a way to design a window from a bmp. I saw the topic a while back. I will first research that.

Mark

thinBasic MVPs

Mark look at SAPI in the help
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    Nice GUI Mark,

I like it, maybe you could just remove WS_MAXIMIZEBOX.
    I first searched and couldn't find any reference to WS_MAXIMIZEBOX in my source. It took me a while and some trial and error. But, the culprit was WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW. After I took him out and got all the punctuation in the right place, everything looks great. Thanks for the tip.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clease
    Mark look at SAPI in the help
    At first I thought you were serious. Then, I saw the

I played around with the module. Computer speech just isn't there yet. Unless ... y'all know something I don't know. About a year ago I tried a computerized singing voice ... that was just as bad even though people were proclaiming how life like it was ... UGH!

When my wife heard Microsoft Sam, she said, "No one will be learning from your flash cards. They will be laughing at the voice."

No, I think I would rather do the extra work and do the voices myself. :P

Mark

Hi Mark
    i mean artistic Ornaments like this picture:

which can surround the text.

thinBasic MVPs

Ok, if the speech module isnt upto what you want then how about the TBASS module that could be used to play mp3's.

@Zak, using the graphics is not a problem, Mark could use the GDI routines to paste them around his window
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clease
    Ok, if the speech module isnt upto what you want then how about the TBASS module that could be used to play mp3's.

@Zak, using the graphics is not a problem, Mark could use the GDI routines to paste them around his window
    Yeah, both of those things. Although I think I will take a break from adding bells and whistles for a while. When I am ready, I am sure I will need the team's help at some point or another. Thanks for the suggestions.

@Zak - The artistic ornaments you refer to remind me of a time when everything had a little class, especially hand written notes or letters. Kinda like a Victorian style. Now, the question is ... Where can I get my hands on a wax seal?

I wouldn't have thought about putting any artistic ornaments like that in the program. The suggestion certainly adds options. Thanks.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast