PDA

View Full Version : thinBasic 1.7.7.0 released

ErosOlmi
22-02-2009, 14:03
Dear thinBasic user,

we just released thinBasic programming language version 1.7.7.0

This release is again a maintenance release but thanks to user requests and suggestions we added new features too.

fixed important bugs introduced by recent pre-parsing improvements.
fixed important bugs inside AND keyword when used as bitwise.
Added new functionalities in Console module that will let developers to work with multiple console buffers. Programmers will be able to work using double buffering techniques avoiding annoying flickering when updating many screen areas.
On User Interface module:
added ToolBar control, improved Canvas UI control, improved MLGrid control, and many other little aspects.
Improved UI_ImageCtx module.
Improved XPrint module.
On thinBasic SDK interface we were able to add a long waited functionality: possibility to call thinBasic script functions having parameters from inside thinBasic modules. For those developing thinBasic modules this will open a new big area of interaction allowing creation of specific events fired and handled directly from the script source code
... many more enhancements

Regards
thinBasic team

Download from official web site under Download section (http://www.thinbasic.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=95).

ErosOlmi
22-02-2009, 15:11
Forgot to say that for those that need off-line help files, I've update PDF and HTML version of thinBasic help.
They can be downloaded from thinBasic download section at:

http://www.thinbasic.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=95&task=viewcategory&catid=4

Regards
Eros

Petr Schreiber
22-02-2009, 17:16
Thanks Eros,

good additions, and also good to have problems fixed now.
New SDK provides huge set of possibilities for external developers.

Petr

Michael Hartlef
22-02-2009, 22:19
Thanks again for the ongoing improvement of thinBasic. :occasion:

GSAC3
23-02-2009, 18:43
Eros --

I downloaded and installed 1.7.7.0 over 1.7.6.0 and I am no longer able to get Thinair to work.

When I start Thinair, nothing happens -- it only shows up as an entry in the task bar at the bottom of the Windows-XP screen. I got the same result when I loaded 1.7.7.0 on my old 98SE system.

Any idea what is causing this problem?

Don

Petr Schreiber
23-02-2009, 18:47
Hi Don,

try to delete INI files in ThinAir directory. I know it is brutal, but I think it helped me in similar situation.

Petr

GSAC3
23-02-2009, 18:56
Thanks Petr.

That fixed the problem on my XP system. Will try the 98SE later.

Don

Lionheart008
23-02-2009, 20:14
hi eros, roberto, all:)

thanks for the good and interesting update!

@don:
I have had the same problems some weeks ago... I wanted to work with thinair, updated to a new thinbasic release and open new files but there wasn't any example at at all... reinstall thinbasic and everything works fine... better to delete all files and make a new setup with a new folder (so I did it and it works!)

by the way: it's possible to get or make a script that's show the release version of thinair/thinbasic??? similar to the "OS" example with the getwinversion timeline???

bye, best wishes for the next releases, Lionheart
ps: add a "dummy" example for the os script... ;)

kryton9
24-02-2009, 20:48
Thanks for the update guys.

Froilan
01-03-2009, 17:47
Thank you Eros! And big respect to all thinBasic team for this update. And many thanks to Petr Schreiber for involving me deeper in to your community. I'm very glad to be here. :occasion:

ErosOlmi
01-03-2009, 18:28
:D
A pleasure.

Michael Hartlef
01-03-2009, 18:34
Hi Frolian,

welcome on board.

Michael :)

Petr Schreiber
01-03-2009, 18:54
Hi Froilan,