PDA

View Full Version : monthly competition question

Lionheart008
12-02-2009, 14:36
dear thinbasic friends:-)

yesterday I have had an intersting idea for this board, perhaps you can think about it a little...

What do you think about a monthly competition for beginners/advanced thinbasic users and give them a little award for their (thinbasic users) work as money, software, knowledge... don't know...
sponsoring is needed and should be garantied... I will support is eg with a little amount of money or other users can help me :-)

I know such competition from other 3d app websites and thought may be it's useful to check this idea for thinbasic forum too :-) may be a little script or big script, but the poll must decide what program get the cup (first, second, third place are winning prizes)...

everybody can make at the ending of a month (deadline 28-31 pro month) an entry with script example, the forum leaders must give a theme or it's free for the first three, four times to take part for this competition... and thinbasic will get more attention, attraction and positively feedback worldwide or even new users here with actively daily work :)

it's just an idea, perhaps you can make up your mind and say, it's ok or not... I like this idea :D

best wishes, Lionheart

ErosOlmi
12-02-2009, 18:40
I like that idea. As prize I can give 5 free copies of ... thinBasic Programming Language :sad5: :mrgreen:
(just joking. I know Lionheart008 likes it)

Yes, the idea is nice. Maybe with a little organization and simple rules we can start something enjoyable for all.
I suppose "simplicity" can be the driving rule, at least for starting.

Michael Hartlef
12-02-2009, 21:04
It's a nice idea but I would not do it monthly. Rather each 3 moths. To bad I'm so stuffed with work on modules that I would hardly find time to participate atm.

Michael Clease
12-02-2009, 22:07
Rather than prizes I think it would work better as a vote for the best by the thinbasic members, that removes the pressure on finding donations from companies.

Michael Hartlef
12-02-2009, 22:18
Rather than prizes I think it would work better as a vote for the best by the thinbasic members, that removes the pressure on finding donations from companies.

I second that.