PDA

View Full Version : Scripts: new forum area

ErosOlmi
11-12-2008, 00:03
It was some time that I was searching for a way to create a specific forum area dedicated to script repository.
I was searching for a way in which all registered users could post script examples with an image showing a preview of the script, some comments and a user rating system.

I think I've found a Gallery module for SMF forum. I've modified it a bit and transformed into a script repository area.
Please have a look at the main forum menu. You will see a new menu called Scripts (http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?action=mgallery)

All registered users should be able to post scripts, comment and rate scripts of other users.

I've created only few sections for the moment. Suggest me others or suggest me what structure you would like to have and I will consider your suggestions with pleasure
Let me know what you think about it and how you feel with it.

Ciao
Eros

Petr Schreiber
11-12-2008, 00:15
Hi Eros,

thanks a lot for setting up script gallery,
I have just one little problem - I cannot see the sections for example.
I guess it is just question of access rights :)

Petr

ErosOlmi
11-12-2008, 00:16
Let me check ...

ErosOlmi
11-12-2008, 00:21
Can you check now?

Petr Schreiber
11-12-2008, 00:27
Hi Eros,

- I can see the sections
- I can see the example
- I cannot post comments :)

Petr

ErosOlmi
11-12-2008, 00:29
Check now.

Petr Schreiber
11-12-2008, 00:35
Perfect ;D,

uses "console"

dim i, ch as long
dim secret as string = "ujdrpy"

for i = 1 to 5

for ch = 1 to len(secret)
print chr$(asc(secret, ch)-ch)
next
printl

next

printl "...and good night :)"
waitkey

Petr

ErosOlmi
11-12-2008, 00:38
;D

Michael Hartlef
11-12-2008, 15:09
Something doesn't work right. See attached pictures.

Michael Hartlef
11-12-2008, 15:11
Ok, I got it. These items are in the testing area and only a little text link is shown there. A little confusing at first.

ErosOlmi
11-12-2008, 15:14
I suppose you mean number of sub items of 3rd level are not counted and also 3rd level is not shown very well.
Yes, I noted. I will report to the creator.

In the mantime I've moved all items at 2nd level as max nested level.

Thanks
Eros

ISAWHIM
12-12-2008, 21:55
Check your INCLUDE for the page which shows the comments...

There are two "<<Previous" links, nested.

Should not be difficult to locate and remove the second one.

Would be great to see all the "Examples" listed there. (Since editing the code in ThinAir edits the examples directly. Would be nice to see ThinAir notice that the file is an "Example", and create a seporate folder to house the "Edited Examples".)

This would be a great place to come get the latest versions that are untainted. (You should set a VERSION attribute. (Drop-down list, not listing Beta-versions of code, which may have functions that might not have made the final-cut in release. This would let goofs like me, realize... wait, I did this in beta, duh!)

You could even go so far as to demand the correct use of VersionInfo in the files. (Using an online-submit for code, creating standards by keeping GLOBALS at the top, with VERSION and CONSTANTS and DECLARE... etc... Also, explicitly stating MAIN, or using the default MAIN. (Since these are samples. Unless they select RAW CODE, which would be something like submitting just a function, like a math-replacement, or another function only code. EG, alone, it does nothing, thus not an actual sample, but a snippet of code.)

Like the way it looks!