PDA

View Full Version : TBGL seperate download?

Michael Hartlef
20-11-2008, 09:38
Hi Petr,

for people who would like to rather use hinBasic 1.6.10, would it be possible to use the current TBGL with it and if yes, could you release it seperate?

Michael

ErosOlmi
20-11-2008, 10:19
Michael,

Petr is the right person to reply. In general I would reply yes but it depends if TBGL present in 1.7.0.0 (that will be definitely released next week) has used new thinBasic SDK fucntions only present in 1.7.0.0. In particular there is a new SDK function called thinBasic_AddUDT (if I remember well, I'm offline now) that let Module developer to add UDT types directly from the module when module loads.

In any case you can easily test a script under 1.6.0.10 copying TBGL from 1.7.0.0 and see if it works. If it doesn't works you will get a RunTime error as soon as thinBasic encounter the first TBGL functionality.

Also you can test using somethin like:

MSGBOX 0, USES "TBGL"
If it returns a <= Zero values, it means TBGL was not loaded.

Ciao
Eros

Petr Schreiber
20-11-2008, 10:32
Hi Mike,

I can make separate version for you if you need, but as Eros said, all functions using built in UDTs ( like those to get information about states, texturing subsystem, ... ) would be omitted.

If you can wait ( I know I use this sentence too often ), you can get both new ThinBASIC and latest TBGL with no compromise in functionality next week.

Petr

Michael Hartlef
20-11-2008, 15:03
No problem. For my tests I can use the 1.6.10 version of TBGL.

Edit: Getting new ThinBasic is no solution as I have weird script behaviours after I return from a module. For an example...

DIM i,index as long
dim n(10) as long
index = 0
For i = 1 to 10
index = index + 1
NewFunctionCall(i)
n(index) = 12
Next

This is an example of a simple code that will cause a script error because INDEX all of a sudden changes to zero after a few function calls. Even if I make some stupic mistake inside the module, it should not affect INDEX, or? Right now thinBasic has so many changes/additions to data type handling, that I can't be sure that everything runs like it did before.

So I have to test my new functionalities with the old thinBasic, as I feel better about it, regarding stability.

ErosOlmi
20-11-2008, 17:41
Hi Michael.

How can I help? I do not understand where is the problem.
NewFunctionCall function is a Module function?

Let me know and I will try to fix any bug immediately.

Eros

Michael Hartlef
20-11-2008, 18:19
When I have something to show and be positive it is a bug, you will get to see it. I'm doing heavy pointer and memory stuff inside a new module. But anyway, I don't see where a possible faulty coding inside the module could screw up script variables. Well, maybe it can. I have to invastigate it more.

ErosOlmi
20-11-2008, 18:50
OK.
I asked because I didn't understand if it was something from thinBasic side.