PDA

View Full Version : Game: (Story II, Setting) (Michael Clease)

Michael Clease
01-10-2008, 21:12
I have been thinking we could just make a game with hovercraft set in present time.

the games called "World Hovercraft Racing" (note nearly all the websites are still available, only .info gone)

Basic story is this :

Its hovercraft racing on Formula one race tracks. http://www.allf1.info/tracks/index.php

no guns or bullets.

Prizes of cash for 1,2,3 and points

1st = 1000 points , £10000
2nd = 500 points , £5000
3rd = 200 points , £2000

Cash can be used to modify your craft

Could do teams :-\

Total winner is team / person who has most points at the end of the races.

Simple idea and something most people would recognise.

Let me know what you think.

Michael Hartlef
01-10-2008, 22:00
Mmmh, nice idea too. :) But using real tracks is impossible because of license reasons. We would have to create fictional ones.

Michael Clease
01-10-2008, 22:27
I just had a look at the link I added again noticed that each circuit shows a map of the country.

If we modelled a circuit based on the map (roughly) not so much detail that could work.

or we could just change a couple of bends or add some straights and called them <name of track> style circuit.

ISAWHIM
02-10-2008, 06:22
I think I liked the first story idea that you did a lot better. It seemed less overdone, and had more potential for unique content to be added. A normal race, in my opinion, seems about as exciting as a... well... normal race.

There could be some appeal with using "Real tracks"... But, still, only if you are a race-fan. (If you are not, a track is just another track.) You/we would also have to contend with the reality of those tracks. (How real we simulate them, for those "Fans". It will be hard to showcase the ability of our programming, since there is no new or unique technology here. We will be judged by how good or bad we compare to the thousands of other race-car games. Even though we are hovercrafts.)

I don't think a majority will care if it was a "Real track", which leaves only the game-content to appeal to them. But since the game-content is nothing more than a placement prize, and an ability to upgrade, that puts us in competition with every single race game that exists. (As a story, I don't think this has enough of a "Hook" to draw them into the game.)