PDA

View Full Version : current thinAir very unstable?

Michael Hartlef
07-02-2008, 20:37
Hi Roberto,

after having a longer break from coding with thinbasic I started to use it extensively again and today. I noticed
a lot of unmotivated crashes and dissapearings of thinAir. Unfortunately they are not reproduceable and appear
very randomly. I noticed the following things:

1) Opened a new script, copied content from window notepoad via CTRL+C and CTRL+V, try to save with CTRL+S and boom.... thinAir gone without a wanrning
2) I try to open the options of thinair and same effect, gone without a notice.
3) I try to open the helpfile with F1, GPF appears.

Like I said, it doesn't happen all the time, but within 1 hour now I had this happen 5 times. I never experienced something like this with thinAIR.

Sorry, but I can't be more detailed.
Cheers
Michael

Petr Schreiber
07-02-2008, 20:46
Hi Mike,

I had more problems than usual in last time too.
Roberto said in other thread he found a serious bug and fixed it, so corrected thinAir will come out as soon as new templates ready.

Since I disabled DEP, I cannot spot any problems in recent times. But this is can be due to fact I am a bit busy now and cannot play with thinBASIC and thinAir as much as I would want :'(

Bye,
Petr

Michael Hartlef
07-02-2008, 21:59
ok, then I'm looking forward to the fix.

RobertoBianchi
08-02-2008, 10:04
I'm sorry for the delay to release fix but this time the problems were many and complex enough to take me off for more time.
Now I have done so I think that today Eros will be able to release a new ThinBasic version that solve these issues.
Here are the details of adjustments that the next TB update will contain:

Fix for the DEP issue reported by a90
Fix for GPF while runnig ThinAir from Win9x/ME reported by GSAC3
Fix for the issue (GPF) introduced after adding colored syntax for the UDT and internal functions/subs
Added template with macro support

Regards,
Roberto

Michael Hartlef
08-02-2008, 14:13
Sounds great Roberto. Thanks for the ongoing effort you put into thinAIR. :)

kryton9
09-02-2008, 07:35
Thanks Roberto, sounds like a very nice update indeed!