PDA

View Full Version : using font_create

sandyrepope
15-03-2007, 00:11
Are there problems with FONT_CREATE? In my program I've used it and find that sometimes when I run my script I get the font and size I've specified and sometimes not.

Thanks
Sandy

ErosOlmi
15-03-2007, 00:18
Sandy,

I had no indications about them not working so far but all can happen. Not much used in samples.
Is it possible to have a piece of code? Very hard to tell you if bug or not without a piece of code to try.

Let me know. In the meantime if someone else have some code or something to say about it this can help.
Eros

ADDED: also important to better understand possible problems is to know what OS version you are running

sandyrepope
15-03-2007, 00:34
When I was talking about runtime errors, I posted a zip file that you could try. It does exactly what I'm trying to describe. The place to look at is in the upper half of the window on the right side. I have a square of 9 labels there that should use the slightly larger font.

Please let me know if it works for you or not. Maybe I'm not using it correctly.

Thanks
Sandy

ErosOlmi
15-03-2007, 00:38
Yes, that one is working fine here. I tested many times.
What OS and version do you have? This can make some difference.

ADDED: the attached screen is what I get all the time. Is it what you expect?

sandyrepope
15-03-2007, 00:50
I'm using Windows XP Home Edition version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600.

I'm also running the script from thinair.

Could the problem be that I'm writing and editing the script and then running it to see the effects of my changes?

Thanks
Sandy

ErosOlmi
15-03-2007, 01:02
Good one Sandy. You got it.
I was able to replicate your problem when script executed from thinAir.

See image and tell me if this is what you get too.

You are a bug finder, really !!!
We need you :D

sandyrepope
15-03-2007, 01:28
Yes, that's what I get most of the time. Like I said, once in a while it does use the correct font and size. Since this can't stop me from working on other parts of my script I'll do that until someone figures out what to do about this.

I feel better knowing it isn't just me.

Thanks
Sandy

ErosOlmi
15-03-2007, 01:34
Ok, so confirmation is that if executed from inside thinAir, in some way fonts defined in script get confused.
I have to talk with Roberto and see why this is happening.

Sorry about my request to post code but sometimes it is very hard to find bugs if we are not able to replicate the problem.

I will let you know.

Ciao
Eros

ErosOlmi
15-03-2007, 01:52
oh Sandy,

forgot to say about your progress in programming.
I just remember few days ago asking about how to program and now you are making a real window application with message pump and all the other candy.
What a jump. I cannot imagine where you will be next month.

Really a good job, or you were kidding us the first time ;D

In either way, thanks. You have helped us a lot finding nasty bugs.
Ciao
Eros

sandyrepope
15-03-2007, 01:58
Thank you for looking into this for me. I really do appreciate it.

I really do understand about needing the code so that a bug can be duplicated and verified. Please don't be sorry for requesting code as I do understand and agree.

Thanks
Sandy

PS I did a little messing around with quickbasic back in the late 80's but don't really remember very much from then. I've been really trying to learn as much as I can by reading and rereading the help file (over and over).