PDA

View Full Version : Curious behaviour of Console_SetScreenBufferSize function

dco045
10-12-2020, 14:14
Hi,

I encounter today a curious behaviour of Console_SetScreenBufferSize (xSize, ySise) function.

When the row count (ySise) is 24 or less the console window is full height of the screen
and the specified columns count ( xSize) is ignored arbitrary set to 80

Is it a bug or a feature ?
In the second case should be specified in help on that function

o
A second thing :

After creating a console window with good columns and rows size (rows number > = 25) , when I move it on desktop using mouse drag on window title bar,
the console window is resized 80cols x 25 rows, regardless of previous size specified in Console_SetScreenBufferSize

Curious no ?? :confused::confused:

Cordially

Dany

Note : the spelling of ySise is from help file :oops:

Petr Schreiber
14-12-2020, 00:02
Hi Dany,

thanks a lot for the questions. I will be glad to have a peek - however, could you please share details about your operating system, for easier verification?

Thank you,
Petr

dco045
14-12-2020, 12:04
Hi Dany,

thanks a lot for the questions. I will be glad to have a peek - however, could you please share details about your operating system, for easier verification?

Thank you,
Petr

Hi Petr, :D

Included : control panel/system screenshot.

My initial wish was to create a three lines console to monitor a data gathering program running in background all day long.

Cordially

Dany

Petr Schreiber
14-12-2020, 21:34
The function is a wrapper of https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/console/setconsolescreenbuffersize.

Yet - I understand and we will add this information to the thinBASIC documentation.

Petr