PDA

View Full Version : V1 MOV2MP4 - tool to simplify mass conversion of MOV files to MP4 [V1.2]

Petr Schreiber
09-11-2013, 22:43
Description
V1 MOV2MP4 is tool for automated reboxing of MOV files, produced by compact/mirrorless/DSLR cameras, to MP4.
The reboxing of H.264 is completely lossless process, so the quality is maintained.

Useful for users having problem editing MOV files on Windows, especially in Sony Vegas / Movie Studio.

Allows batch conversion of unlimited number of files.

Dependencies
The tool uses MP4Box as backend. You need to download and install MP4Box or YAMB (http://yamb.unite-video.com/) first.

Download
The attachement contains two files:

V1_MOV2MP4.zip - raw script source code, needs ThinBASIC installed
V1_MOV2MP4_Binaries.zip - EXE file, does not need ThinBASIC installed

Compatibility
The software has been successfully tested with the MOV files produced by the following cameras:

Canon T3i
Nikon 1 V1
Nikon D5100
Nikon P7000

Should work with any camera producing H.264 encoded MOV.

Petr

Petr Schreiber
09-01-2014, 20:05
Updated to version 1.2, with the following enhancements:

Better GUI responsivity during the conversion
Avoids false positive "conversion complete" message
No longer just for NTSC frame-rates

Petr

jack
10-01-2014, 01:25
thanks Petr :)

SteveOW
10-01-2014, 15:37
Hi Petr,

I downloaded the binary zip and installed contents into my (Intel i3, Windows7, 32 bit) C:Program Files\YAMB\ folder .

I tried running your binary on a short MOV file (from a Minolta camera I think)...see the attached zip file.

It accepted the MOV file and quickly produced an output MP4 file....but only 1Kb...see the attached zip file

A dos window seemed to flash up briefly during processing but it was gone before I could read anything.

I tried running YAMB directly but its GUI wouldnt accept input files by drag and drop.

cheers
SteveOW.

P.S. The MOV file converts OK, to MP4, using VLC media player.

Petr Schreiber
10-01-2014, 16:09
Hi Steve,

thank you for your report. I tested the program quite extensively, worked for various resolutions and frame rates.

I want to hunt this possible bug down, would you be please so kind and upload original file via tool such as WeTransfer.com (https://www.wetransfer.com/) and post a link here, so I could examine it?
Is the original MOV file encoded via H.264?

The "DOS window flash" is okay, it indicates the MP4Box program runs.

Petr

EDIT: I did not noticed the MOV is attached, it has hidden attribute. Thanks, I will try to analyze the root of problem.

Petr Schreiber
10-01-2014, 16:32
Okay,

I can confirm the issue on my PC, the error message is:

[iso file] Box "stsc" has 12 extra bytes
IsoMedia import - skipping track ID 1 (unknown type 'jpeg')
IsoMedia import - skipping track ID 2 (unknown type 'twos')
Converting to ISMA Audio-Video MP4 file...
Saving C:\Util\Scripts\V1\V1_MOV2MP4\Penguins\PICT3194_Penguins.mp4: 0.500 secs
Interleaving

Examination in progress.

It seems the source video is not H.264, but Motion JPEG instead. I will check if it needs some extra care.

EDIT: Tried to use "naked", newer MP4Box. I get slightly different file, same error, still not correct for this specific case.

Thanks,
Petr