PDA

View Full Version : AEB_Art_Editor (Picture Manipulation Software in spe!)

Lionheart008
03-03-2010, 00:01
hello all :)

..because I wanted to start some weeks ago with the idea of an image manipulation software I collected some ideas of a simple Image / Picture Application with powerbasic. I have used for the first bigger steps and features "Gdiplus" include files. the whole application based at/on josé roca's "cWindow" include files (sdk frame window) to make the code short. And I used a MDI class window you can try by the menu bar.

over that I've token for whole gdiplus sub's functions ( a lot) and start new popup window different "wndproc's" so the code became bigger and bigger. It's a good job for learning to include new functions or simply loading/saving pictures (this will be the next big task for me to handle images you can load and save by hand and name/rename it). with every new idea I learn new things, that's sometimes really funny when I see, what's possible with image creating and thumbnails and perhaps the next time stretching pictures for example. A rich editor popup window is also included and a text editor (MDI).

explore the toolbar: You can test the application in an early beta stadium, there are still some problems, but you can already try to use: IconButtons 1,2,7,8,9,10,11 and see what happens :)

the exe file I add in zip folder and a picture zip file for seeing short overview of the IDE. there are still some bugs, I know that, but it's a good time to show how this idea becomes bigger and without thinbasic knowledge and love to this basic interpreter I never started this task, you can imagine.

any feedback is welcome. feel free to test this "AdamEvaBasic_Art Editor" or leave it.

I was not intended to write a new compiler, oh no! I wanted to work with images and like to manipulate them. perhaps it's possible some day to get a free Image Manipulation Software worked with thinbasic and powerbasic. must be easy to translate it for thinbasic too, I am sure.

Now I have found what I was looking for last weeks and month with this idea and will realize it 8)

thanks, good night, Frank

kryton9
03-03-2010, 04:08
The program ran Frank. I was able to load some photos. But I don't know what to do. I try to click on things and get errors.

But making a photo manipulation program sounds like a fun project and I am sure, as you wrote-- a great way to learn more complex things.
The GDI and plus version of it are powerful libraries from the demo code I have seen on the web. I think learning to tap into it will be good.

So good luck on the project.

christianssen
03-03-2010, 12:06
hey mr. lionheart, interesting idea for manipulation software :) !
my teacher developed some years ago with some friends a picture software for morphing images at the university. they have programed all with c++, I am sure because our prof. made a demo for showing us some month ago. he said there were about 4.600 code lines for this little application ! uff :shock:

good luck for your project like kent said.

1) here 's a working test for your pictures I can load all with button Icons. good.
problems seems to be there: picture loaded by the "arabird" beside woman (I think it's button 10!) you can load the leopards and if I take the stretch button new popup menu shows sized leopards with a little thumbnail (all ok until here!), but if I close this dialog the picture from first leopard disappear. the "loader" button works fine, I can choose jpg/png/bmp pictures, but cannot save it here, that's right ?

2) menu bar: "Art_Program": only two menus works. "gdi_test_picture_go" and "Save_Picture_Frame!_go" :) here is working everything fine! and I found new pictures in my folder, good idea!

3) If I click the 12th. button (woman) "Just load & save Picture" there appear a lord of the ring sketch picture. after closing this popup dialog there is saving this picture with a new name! :D wow! very nice.

4) there will be more work to make new "manipulations" at/on the pictures, I am sure you can do that and will take time. my teacher worked about six month with three friends at his old manipulation software.

thanks for looking over the horizonts. I don't know powerbasic but I have read in some posts at this board there are many relatives to thinbasic. good idea to translate it some day, I can only repeat: good idea.

5) sometimes all is working fine. sometimes not. my first impression after testing your AEB_Art DEMO. don't know more about this working environment for IDE or whole functions for loading / saving new pictures. can you tell more about this?

bye, thanks, denis (we have a free hour at school) ;)