The following is a guide that covers how to install thinBasic into your system. Installing thinBasic could not be simpler: download, run setup, done. Setup application will do all the necessary steps to integrate thinBasic into your operating system shell. But here are the steps.
Please note that thinBasic comes into 2 different versions: stable and preview. For the first run and try we suggest to go with stable version. After you had some confidence with thinBasic, the preview version is the preferred one and the one we suggest for people using thinBasic on a regular basis. Preview version contains all the latest fix and improvements we have released so far.
Go to Download section
in this website and download the thinBasic version you prefer. thinBasic setup comes into a compressed .Zip file. Save .Zip file in a place into your hard disk for later usage.
Once you have downloaded thinBasic .Zip archive, open it and execute thinBasic setup. You can execute it directly from the .Zip archive or extract and than execute.
Instalaltion consists of a sequence of screens each requesting to confirm an installation option. In most of the cases you just need to press few times "Next" button.
When finished, thinBasic setup will have:
- installed all necessary files: executables, libraries, examples, documentation, utilities
- linked thinBasic script file extensions to relevant thinBasic executable for fast OS shell integration
- modified shell right click on thinBasic files adding specific thinBasic functionalities
You are now ready to execute your first thinBasic scripts:
- open your operating system shell, usually Explorer
- go to C:\thinBasic\SampleScripts\ directory (it can be different depending where you decided to install thinBasic during Step 3)
- browse the many script present and execute the one you prefer
Also worth to mention that thinBasic come with its own editor called thinAir. You will find very comfortable to work with thinAir.