What is thinBasic?
thinBasic is a simple, flexible, and easy-to-learn interpreted programming language. It lets you quickly and easily develop programs for Windows. thinBasic was first released in 2004. Since then thinBasic has steadily improved thanks also to the help of a growing number of enthusiastic users. Although thinBasic is an interpreted language providing subscript checking, un-initialized variable checking and numerous other run-time checks, it is extremely fast. People use it to develop Windows GUI programs, high-speed OpenGl games, Windows programs (GUI or Console), task automations. It is also very useful for CGI (Web-based) programming.
Another programming language? Why? There are so many.
thinBasic is a very-high-level programming language with several features that set it apart from the crowd:
- thinBasic is free
- thinBasic has a complete professional help maintained and released constantly. Click here to see online version of thinBasic help.
- thinBasic language is flexible, powerful, productive, and easy to learn
- Interpreted language. There is no waiting for compiles and links - just edit and run
- You can create and distribute royalty-free, stand-alone thinBasic bundled .exe file using thinBundle, a dedicated thinBasic tool specifically designed for this target
- thinBasic provides extensive run-time error checking for: out-of-bounds subscripts, un-initialized variables, bad parameter values for library routines, illegal value assigned to a variable, and many more. If something goes wrong you'll get a full error message, with a listing of where the error occurs, reason and other user friendly info. With other languages you'll typically get protection faults with useless dumps of machine registers and addresses
- thinBasic interpreter is fast, sometimes faster than other more well known languages
- an integrated, easy-to-use, editor called thinAir full of nice tools specifically designed to improve your thinBasic productivity
- there is a large and rapidly growing collection of excellent 3rd party programs and libraries, most with full source code
- thinBasic can access any WIN32 API routine, as well as C or other routines in .DLL files
- thinBasic has a modular structure with a strong bug free Core central engine surrounded by many modules covering many different specific tasks for Internet access, 3-D games, and many other application areas
- thinBasic has a growing community of programmers full of passion always open to help each other