Thread: liongfx-syntax documentation part one, pdf :)

liongfx-syntax documentation part one, pdf :)

hi all

yep! I have created my first pdf documentation (three pages full of informations!) with syntax overview and small description for thinbasic_liongfx module !

you can read the documentation as a pdf file... this all was built with pagemaker... because my old word cannot create and export pdf files... so I have had published for all thinbasic users here a good help for an excursion with thinbasic / liongfx module

this pdf document is the first part, not perfect, some functions are missing with examples... but they will follow, I promise it...

nice to see how good and pretty nice such a pdf documentation looks like...

I am open for constructive critics... and feel free to test the thinbasic_liongfx module or don't hesitate to ask questions... I am not perfect too !

for newbies: more about the development of "thinbasic_liongfx" features and examples you can find here:
    http://community.thinbasic.com/index...;topicseen#new

edit: I add a new pdf version short minutes before midnight

best regards, Lionheart
    ps: I have placed this post to this board, don't know the right place for it...
    pps: perhaps anybody else needs such a documentation ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: liongfx-syntax documentation part one, pdf :)

Hi Frank,

thanks for starting on documentation! You will recognize writing docs it is the hardest part of developing module , but it is always definitely worth it!

I have just 2 wishes for future new version of docs:
    • Group commands by what they do ( window manipulation, drawing, ... )
    • Add description what each command does, syntax example is good start, but sometimes more explanation is necessary

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

hi petr
    hi all...

oh, yes, this will take a lot of time, puh! and I have no female secretary here in my private "liongfx thinbasic" office ... must announce for it tomorrow

have improved my pdf, I had only to make a start point so I can push myself and so I can improve all things around the syntax, commands, examples and description... it will takes perhaps more than one month... uargh

I have just 2 wishes for future new version of docs:

* Group commands by what they do ( window manipulation, drawing, ... )
    * Add description what each command does, syntax example is good start, but sometimes more explanation is necessary
    thank you, one wish I can fix for you promptly... this was my second idea to structure all commands and syntax for a closer description... but this needs more time and patience to go into depth and get more brightness for the documentation..., I don't know if I have this one every day, must laugh...

have added above a new update in my first post, a much better version of course as part one... as you can see...

now I can understand what a damned heavy work must it be to create a complete sdk with documentation for a software, it may be nearly a nightly fulltime job

thanks, best regards, good night, lionhead
    ps: any further constructive feedback about pdf documentation is very welcome, I collect all good ideas to make a good documentation!
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

This will come in handy for sure Frank. You should consider using a database, this way you can sort your information in different ways later on. This can be useful for index's, table of contents and for grouped and alphabetical listings of keywords and functions.

In a way, writing documentation is fun. It is rewarding when it is finished that is for sure and very valuable for future users.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

hi kent

This will come in handy for sure Frank. You should consider using a database, this way you can sort your information in different ways later on. This can be useful for index's, table of contents and for grouped and alphabetical listings of keywords and functions.
    yes, a database would be great... but I have never used it before.. perhaps you have any link for it ? could help me in a certain way...

what about your projects, kent ??? can you tell me more with your c++ progresses ?

and btw: one question... about the "irrlicht" graphic engine you have tried (with other guys here...) and/or explored last year to write or adept with other guys here for thinbasic... you gave up this project because of missing support or what was the point ? I found some scripts last night with irrlicht and thinbasic and I see it's a damned hard work to adept this game engine for thinbasic, isn't it ???

and yes, it makes a lot of fun to work around midnight... to write documentation... uargh!

It is rewarding when it is finished that is for sure and very valuable for future users.
    oh yes, I can agree with you ! and I hope thinbasic will survive the next century...

best regards, good evening, Lionheart

Frank, since TBGL has really taken off, the work on irrlicht was dropped by Roberto.

About a database. If you have Microsoft Works on your computer, most xp installs come with it I think. There is a nice simple database to use in there. Let me know if you have it installed. If so, can help you more... if not, will mention alternatives.

I am working on my website at the moment, wow does it take time. I hope to document and put all I learn up there, both as a future reference for my bad memory and to help others coming into this stuff.

If you want to learn and really see the power of OOP, I recommend Ruby. C++ is not a good way to learn OOP, believe me. It would be neat if Charles would take the syntax of Ruby and put the power of his compiler, what a combo that would be!!
    If you want more performance, then Java is my recommendation. It is also a great way to learn OOP.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server