Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mart Mix Player Project

Re: Mart Mix Player Project

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    Hi Matrin,

on my PC, when I click twice to "[Status] filename" during analyzing, it sets all files to [WAITING] state again.

Thanks,
    Petr
    Aaaaaaaaaaah now I see the problem, I will fix it Petr!

Just a small note to let you all know that I am still working on this project although i am a little bit quiet for a while. I am very busy with other things in my life, but i use every bit of time I have left for this project.

However, in the last weeks I improved the database with virtual listview, and also I created the things Michael suggested in this topic. Everything is working fine now. I am working now on a faster song recognizing system (especially for albums), which will be ready soon. Then I will focus on the mood options and the player ofcourse.

My plan is to make first a very stable version of this player but graphical ugly. Most important is that everything works 100% fine. Later i can try to pimp the gui, maybe with TBGL (which i still need to learn). Pffffffff still enough to do, it will take some more months I'm affraid but what a great fun i have developing such a program.

That is very good news!

I have already one suggestion for player component - checkbox "Shut down PC after playing".
    Sometimes it I let PC play before going to sleep, but waking up to turn PC off once all songs are played is very inconvenient.

ThinBASIC already provides PC_ShutDown, so it would be just question of detecting reach of the end of playlist and it could silently shut down the computer.

I will be happy to assist you with the TBGL part once you'll have time for it!
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Good idea Petr, I wanted to make a timer anyway, and a shutdown option will be a nice addition.

Damn, the discogs layout has been changed, looks very nice but my song-recognizing-code does not work correctly anymore I guess it it will be a lot of work to change my code. Maybe it was better if I used their API instead of analyzing html code but I hate the limit of 5000 api-requests per day. I think I will freeze this project for a while, too many things are going on in my life now. Hopefully I can continue this winter.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I am sorry to hear that they changed format.
    But I think your program can still do pretty good analysis based on ID tag examination.

If you are busy, I understand, but for future, I would really appreciate your updates on the project
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Petr, i WILL continue, it would be a sin to give up, because I was already pretty far. But for now I am a little dissapointed and also very busy. But I will come back with an update soon or later.

Thanks for your support!

Martin

Okay, got it working again. Also I made the analyzing process of albums very fast (1 second per song). Still have not much time, but I'm happy that I fixed the problems with the new discogs layout. I will continue a.s.a.p.

Good!

Thanks for keeping us updated Martin!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123