Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mart Mix Player Project

Mart Mix Player Project

This topic is dedicated to my ThinBasic project "Mart Mix Player". It's far from finished (it's going to be a large script), but when I have my first (pre)release ready I will post it here. For now I will describe the Mart Mix Player project. I invite you to suggest ideas, requests and features here.

What is Mart Mix Player and what can you do with this software?
    Mart Mix Player is going to be a freeware mood player. It can play music files (wav, mp3, and some other formats) based on your current mood. You can create playlists based on period (of release), tempo (bpm), genre etc. and it can even filter christmas songs, instrumental versions, remixes and so on. You can also schedule moods, so you can wake up with relaxing songs or you can set different moods on different times for your non stop online radio station.
    Further it will have an "evolution" feature. In evolution mode you can set a range of years or tempo's and play moods in ascending or descending order by period (great to hear the progress in music) or by tempo (great for fitness!).
    And that's not all! When it plays a song, it shows also recommendations of simulair songs (click on it and it will play). It will show sleeves and probably also lyrics (not sure yet).

I have many more ideas that I will tell later in this topic. If you have any, don't hestitate to post it here.

Maybe the coolest thing about this player is that it can recognize your music files by matching the filenames and tags with the Discogs database. With the information of Discogs the software can identify genres, release year, sleeve and other important information. This will be done automaticly in the background. I have seen other software that can do this, but none of them does the job automaticly. Also simulair software needs an API key. Mart Mix Player don't! This means the user don't need to register at Discogs and doesn't have limits for searching on Discogs (with an API key you can search only 5000 songs per day).

Soon I will post here a test script for the database (this script is almost finished). With this script you can match your songs with Discogs. I'm very curious if other users have the same good results of the song-identifying-process as I have.

My goal is to make the software as fast as possible and it should run on various Windows versions. That's why I have choosen for ThinBasic in combination with an ODBC database. I will also code a virtual listview, which will make browsing the database faster.

Last but not least I must thank Eros for learning me ThinBasic and for always answering my questions and always fullfill my requests!

Okay talked enough now, soon more about this project :-)

Martin

EDIT: In this post you will find attached the latest (test!)version of Mart Mix Player

Re: Mart Mix Player Project

Hey Martin,

I will be happy to test this once done. I always wanted smart way to browse my music files, this sound very promising.
    I keep my fingers crossed!

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Martin,

nice project. I will test the player on my emulation too.

Michael

Hi guys,

As promissed, here's a first demo of my player. Please note that the script is far from finished!! I only would like to ask if you want to test the DATABASE Tab! Please add some music files by pressing the ADD MUSIC button and then wait until the program has analyzed and recognized some files (depending on your internet connection this takes about 30 seconds per song). I am very curious if you like the analyzing-results. The results will be even better in a next version because then it will also match id3 tags with Discogs Database (at this moment, only filenames are matched)

As I said the program is not finished, some buttons (PLAY, FIND) are not working yet. The other TABS (PLAYER / HELP / MOOD) are not ready yet, do not use them. The database displays no BPM info yet and the information in the PLAYER Tab is wrong, I only displayed some sleeves and information because i'm working on the form-design. It's all still under construction.

I posted a ZIP and a RAR file, both are the same.

I am looking forward to your (positive or negative) feedback.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

thanks for sharing, the interface of the program is very well thought!
    I like how the help is done, always available to user. Maybe only problem I have with help page is that when I clicked CNN, I did not know how to get back to help for a while, some button would be appreciated to help me with this.

The database tab is well done, but I am afraid it wasn't able to recognize any of my MP3s, although info on the artists is present at discogs.
    Or maybe it too long? How does it work - once single item in the list is analysed it adds artist, or it waits till everything is processed?

Thanks!,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Petr,

Thanks for testing!
    The CNN link in the help file is just an example, this will be replaced later with my own documentation. You are right about the missing navigation buttons, I will add them.

I am a little bit sad that the discogs mp3 analyzing process doesn't seem to work good. At my pc everything goes fine, maybe because i have a very fast internet connection. A friend of mine tested the program as well and he has the same problem as you: nothing happens.

This is what should happen:
    - Add music files to the database with ADD MUSIC button
    - Then you will see in the first listview column at each file the word: "[Waiting...]"
    - Below the listview you will see a message "Analyzing songs" (current filename)
    - in the background the program tries to match each file with Discogs. This is a pretty complicated procces. The program analyzes max. 20 search results, give points to each result and identifies the best result as match. So if a file has been analyzed after +/- 30 seconds the word: "[Waiting...]" dissapears.
    - If there was a match on discogs, the listview will be updated with the found information (artist, title, year, genre etc).
    - The program will start analyzing the next song in the listview

Petr, if you don't mind, can I send you the source code in a private message? If you like maybe you can look at it if you have some time. I am sure some code can be done better.....

Martin

I just discovered that I forgot to bundle background.tbasic, and in the source code I made a mistake in OS_ShellExecute. That's why it doesn't work, my mistake!

Here are the improved files (RAR and ZIP)
    Can you please re-download and try again Petr?

Strange enough the background app. doesn't terminate when MartMixPlayer is closed. This works fine in the sourcecode but not in the EXE.
    [code=thinbasic]do
    if left$(ClipBoard_GetText,14)="MMpLAYERurl - " then
    t=inet_urlgetstring(mid$(ClipBoard_GetText,15))
    t=acode$(UTF8ToWideChar$(t))
    t="MMpLAYERout - " & t
    ClipBoard_setText t
    elseif clipboard_gettext = "MMpLAYERend - " then
    exit do
    end if

if Win_Get(vensters, %WIN_GET_HWND, "Mart Mix Player")=0 then exit do 'mart mix player has been closed--> terminate this script!

doevents
    loop[/code]

THANKS,

Martin

Hi martin,

for sure it looks like an interesting project. I get the same results as Petr, the songs are not recognized.

Here is a suggestion if you like:

When you scan a folder to add songs, an option to not include subfolders would be nice. Also that you can cancel the scanning process.

Hi Martin,

thanks for the update, now I can see program analysing! It takes some tens of seconds.
    If you wish, please send me the sources, I can check the code. It already seems to work nicely!
    I am not sure how fast I will be able to give you feedback during the weekend, due to my presence nearby PC

Petr

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    Hi Martin,

thanks for the update, now I can see program analysing! It takes some tens of seconds.
    If you wish, please send me the sources, I can check the code. It already seems to work nicely!
    I am not sure how fast I will be able to give you feedback during the weekend, due to my presence nearby PC

Petr
    Good morning Petr,
    I still made a mistake: shellexecute should be replaced with os_shell. But it seems to works anyway and that's great :-)
    I will send you my script soon, please take your time with feedback.

Does the program identify your music files correctly? And does it recognize a lot of files or are the results bad?

Many thanks in advance and I wish you and all forum members a happy weekend!

Martin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast