Thread: Jay says Hey

Jay says Hey

Hello everyone.
    I was introduced to ThinBasic a few hours ago, and I've been having a play around with it since.
    It's nice, and the API stuff will definitely come in handy.

I'm a BlitzBasic fan myself, and since I've been using it for about 10 years now, I've kinda gotten set in my ways. I'm comfortable enough with the language that I can easy manage to rush through little prototype games at a silly enough rate.
    So, I probably wouldn't use TB for game stuff.

But I VERY often find myself wanting to make little programs, for all manner of little uses. And, with BlitzBasic not really having any API stuff, and TB being so darn tiny, and fast to run.. That's probably what I'll end up using it for.

It's either that, or I attempt to wrangle my way through C again!! eeek!!

Thanks, Team TB. I might enjoy this
    AGameAWeek.com seemed like a good idea at the time..  Nowadays I seem to be awfully busy!!!

Re: Jay says Hey

Ciao Jayenkai and welcome to thinBasic community forum.

Thank for your words. We are trying our best to have thin, fast, reliable, easy to use but at the same time very powerful language.
    Not many people like interpreted languages but we think they deserve a space in programming world. Todays computer are so fast that now there is really little difference between interpreted and compiled applications unless you are in real time or multi millions look per seconds applications.

Please enjoy your stay and do not hesitate to ask for whatever your need.

And because you seems interested in gaming, please consider having a look at thinBasic Bonus Packs. They are a collection of thinBasic scripts and snipets using TBGL module, OpenGL module for thinBasic.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Ahhh, a BlitzBasic user. Welcome on the board. Are you going by the same nickname over there? TBGL, the 3D module for thinBasic has gotten an entity system. A little motivated by Blitz3D's entity system.

Who introduced you to thinBasic?

*retypes after F5 incident*

When my dad originally bought me B3d, many many many years ago, he used his own username/registration/etc.. Bah.. But recently I bought BMax and logged in with my own.

Still, ElectricBoogaloo is as active as I've ever been over there.. ie, not very much at all..

Over the other 99.9% of the internet, you'll find me hopping along as Jayenkai, and I've tended to focus on the "Less Professional" side of coding, so.. Less BB.com, more BlitzCoder/CodersWorkshop/Socoder/etc types of sites. Those sites where it doesn't matter if you use Programmers Art, and make a game that lasts 10 minutes

As for intro's, there's a topic at Socoder that got posted yesterday, and that sent me over here to have a nosey around.

Anyhoo, like I said earlier, I'm not sure if I'd use this for games. For little useful tools, it's fantastic. You can code a script, and then literally just run it, right there and then. It's a wonderful concept to have your script Run as default, as opposed to opening in an editor.
    I'll probably do loads of little proggies. I'm always thinking of things, and then trying to get Blitz to do App-stuff, and usually failing. Then desperately trying to get C to do something vaguely useful, but.. kinda failing there, too.
    So, to have a "QuickApp" program, it's just going to be so bloody useful!
    Thumbs up.

Oh, and I just remembered something I wanted to do ages ago.
    Hmm..
    I might go and wrestle with the newness for a while! CULater
    AGameAWeek.com seemed like a good idea at the time..  Nowadays I seem to be awfully busy!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.