Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tabstrp/Tab control

Tabstrp/Tab control

I am new to thinbasic and was wondering if anybody has any code for creating a tabstrip with different controls on each tab. I have been looking at ways of doing this using the windows API but I am not making much headway.

Thanks for any help
    Dave
    ???

Re: Tabstrp/Tab control

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry but I had no big success on this control. I have some example but very often they crash. TAB control handling is quite complex due to the way it gets and pass back events to owner window. Usually this handling is done using CALLBACKS but thinBasic has no callbacks.

What I can tell you is that I'm working right now to improve UI (User Interface) module implementing:
    • new functionalities on LISTBOX, COMBOBOX
    • implementation of TreeView
    • implementation of TAB control

So in next few weeks there will be interesting improvements on those points.
    Regards
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi Eros
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, I shall keep trying to see if I can get anywhere with the windows API.
    If not I can use other methods until Thinbasic can implement this feature.

Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Eros Olmi
    Hi Dave,

I'm sorry but I had no big success on this control. I have some example but very often they crash. TAB control handling is quite complex due to the way it gets and pass back events to owner window. Usually this handling is done using CALLBACKS but thinBasic has no callbacks.

What I can tell you is that I'm working right now to improve UI (User Interface) module implementing:
    • new functionalities on LISTBOX, COMBOBOX
    • implementation of TreeView
    • implementation of TAB control

Correct me if I am wrong (which you would do anyway) ... you are working on making future releases of TB have callbacks. So, the tab strip will be possible, right? Not that I am in need of it. I'm just exploring.

Mark

Yes, ready and will be present in next release out in few days.

See http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?topic=1971.0
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi Eros
    I am glad you sorted the callback issues and got the tab strip working. I checked out the demo you did a while back and it would help tidy up the app I am trying to port from another language. I gave up on the windows API route.
    Now all I need is SQL support and I would be really happy.

Thanks for your hard work
    Dave

Well, callbacks will be out in few days. It will be a complete positive change in UI module even if 100% compatible with current scripts.

What do you mean by SQL support ?
    thinBasic have an ODBC wrapper dll with an include file containing its function declaration.
    Have a look in \thinBasic\SampleScripts\ODBC\ directory. You should find few simple examples showing basic ODBC commands accessing a MSAccess DB but the same is for any other ODBC compliant DB.

In the company I work for we have used the above methods to access multy GBytes MS Sql databases to manage customer data (mainly data extraction for automatic delivery customers invoices via mail).

But maybe you are meaning something else. In this case, please let me know some more details about your needs.

Ciao
    Eros

PS: if you need to test thinBasic preview version 1.7.0.0 featuring callbacks and native tab control, just send me a personal message here in forum and I will send you the link where to download it.

Hi Eros
    I spotted the ODBC scripts but what I was really after was sqlite support with the ability to create and maintain a database using Thin Basic commands. No other software installation required exept the sqlite dll. Should have made that a bit clearer in the previous post. I do not need to access huge data bases, the app I am working on is a finance/work detail tracking app just for myself. I just store the data in files for now and have no problems for speed or anything.

I can wait for the official release, my coding is pretty bad so I am not a good candidate for beta testing. I leave that to the experts.

Thanks
    Dave

Ok, now I got it.

There is a nice project I was following since some time ago about SqlLite at http://planetsquires.com/support/index.php?&board=23.0
    It is called SQLitening and is very promising. It is not just a wrapper.

After new thinBasic version 1.7.0.0 will be out and running (big bugs - if any - solved) I will add SqlLite in my hi priority list. Be sure.

Ciao
    Eros

Quote Originally Posted by Eros Olmi

There is a nice project I was following since some time ago about SqlLite at http://planetsquires.com/support/index.php?&board=23.0
    It is called SQLitening and is very promising. It is not just a wrapper.

After new thinBasic version 1.7.0.0 will be out and running (big bugs - if any - solved) I will add SqlLite in my hi priority list. Be sure.
    Hi Eros,

Any recent news on the SQLite addition to Thin Basic?

--Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.