Thread: Artificial Screensaver Demo :-D

Artificial Screensaver Demo :-D

Hello, first of all: it's just a Screensaver Demo and learning script for me. I have build the script new after an existing example and nothing for calm people it's based on an old tbgl script from petr, but run's with the current thinbasic 1.7.6.0 release without errors (!), but the tbgl structure isn't the actual one, so I have translated it still for the entity system, when there is more time to learn about particle systems and use it for tbgl entity system will change the script more and modified it for me....

I have worked with a water texture for another project, wanted to do quite other things with it, but so I can test it also for my first screensaver !

I love this kind of screensaver and hope somebody can test the demo, if it's running and I can imagine it's a lot too fast for this first release, don't know... at the beginning I have got some errors with the old 1.7.0.0 version, but the new one runs very fast and superb.

please wait some seconds, minutes to check the screensaver, it changes the structures in a continuous way of behaviour

enjoy it, wish fun with it, Lionheart, good night

ps: you can change the endings *.exe into *.scr and push the screensaver into the WinXP user directory, but where to place it, I haven't done it before, sorry... must laugh... perhaps somebody can say the exact position???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: Artificial Screensaver Demo :-D

Works perfectly here. Very nice indeed.

The only problem with this script structure is the usage of the WHILE/WEND way of coding so CPU is almost 100% used.
    Maybe better could be to use UI module with timers using TBGL and canvas binding. In this way CPU load could go down to less than 10% or so.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

hi,

here it comes a little update for the screensaver with rotation of the emitter objects...

Maybe better could be to use UI module with timers using TBGL and canvas binding. In this way CPU load could go down to less than 10% or so.
    yes, I will do that and use the next time the "UI", "TBGL" friends! I am thinking this version isn't fast enough for your cpu or does I must change something for decreasing the speed???

would be nice if somebody can check it for speed

bye, have a nice evening, Lionheart

edit: the whole screensaver script you can see one post after this one from me with all what you need
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

thinBasic MVPs

Frank to speed test it we would need to edit your code and you have encrypted it.

add this line in your main loop

TBGL_SetWindowTitle( hWnd, Framerate )

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Hi Frank,

30% use of CPU, I cannot measure speed without source code , but it seems smooth enough.
    Before you plan to spread it widely, I highly recommend to do tests on Intel graphics.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

sorry! I have forgotten to add the script, I have bundled it into my old folder...

thanks for replies, michael, petr, eros :-)))

see you, now it's week-end... for me and private things! :-) have had a hard week!!!

other thing: I plan to take a game-development course (first practise training, than undergo an examination) in spring, I will say more, if I manage the test :-) after this one I can study this exciting stuff for two years ...!!!

hope this skills help what I have learned the last month with thinbasic (must laugh loud!)...

ciao, good evening, I love thinbasic!

franko löwenherz (Lionheart)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Which school will you attend to?

thinBasic MVPs

runs at about 100 fps and about 40-50 cpu on my laptop.
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Hi michael hartlef, hi all:-)

the school starts in march in berlin or frankfurt :-) I will tell you more when I come back, I am on the road at the moment :-))

ciao, best wishes, Lionheart