Thread: New coming thinBasic 1.7.5

New coming thinBasic 1.7.5

By the 21st of Dec, new thinBasic 1.7.5 will be out.

If someone has any update (modules, help material, examples, ...) please send me before Sat 20th of Dec and I will include it.

Regards
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Re: New coming thinBasic 1.7.5

Yikes!

I guess for this release Journal will come a bit later.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

No problem Petr.

This release is a fix release for 1.7.0.0 in order to leave last Win9x compatible thinBasic as much big free as possible.
    Also this release will add MLGRID and PROPERTYLIST new controls but on their basic level.

Ciao
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Despite what I said about been out with 1.7.5.0 yesterday, I was not able to finish what I wanted to finish.
    I'm still finishing help material and the two new controls I've mentioned in previous posts: PropertyList and MLGrid.

In any case, I've decided to publish an intermediate version so those of you willing to test and have a look can do it.

Main news:
    • nested flow control checking.
      This version will check more deeply the following flow control pairs: IF/END IF, FOR/NEXT, WHILE/WEND, SELECT/END SELECT
      Checking will take place during pre-parsing level so if something incorrect is found, it will be reported before any script execution step
    • debugger should be much more stable.
      Thanks to an "invisible user" (not registered to community forum) I was able to solve many points where debugger was GPFing
    • PropertyList is there but not yet finished and documented. Also this control will not work on Win9x systems.PropertyList has two working methods: direct properties handling or off line properties. Off line (called PropertyRoot) allows quite good flexibility in handling and managing many different properties sets for different kind of situations
    • MLGrid is there but
      no indications of how to use and documentation. There is only a dummy example. I will do the job this week
    • Other minor changes

Download url is: http://www.thinbasic.biz/projects/th...ic_1.7.5.0.zip

Let me know what you think.
    Eros

Hi Eros,

thank you and Roberto for your work
    Property list looks good to me, I like numbers only properties, read only values...
    Worked perfectly here, and I also appreciate the way you organize "what's new" now.

MLG by James Klutho rocks, I am looking forward to more examples.

Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

There is a bug in debugger when selecting an intermediate stack level and level is >= 3
    Also new debugger version will have no grid usage but a listview. More stable and quick to use.

I'm fixing it right now.

Fixed:
    • debug problem when selecting different stack levels: variables list was not correctly reflecting the selection.
      Also variables list is now developed using a listview instead of a 3rd party control grid. This will give more flexibility and easy to develop for the future
    • optimization problem in functions executed more than once and having just static variables

Download url is again: http://www.thinbasic.biz/projects/th...ic_1.7.5.0.zip

Hi Eros,

thanks for the quick fix! STATICs work as they should now.

Debugger looks ok, I focused on it and found 2 minor issues:
    • When I click on stack area, column "Stack", checkbox is checked/unchecked ok. When I click on items in column with checkboxes, they never check
    • I found special active point in the dialog, I guess it has no longer any functionality. You can see it circled in red on attached picture. When I drag it, debugger GPFs

Thanks,
    Petr
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Petr for testing.

regarding GPF, I have to check. Maybe linked to the fact I'm using CodeMax control from resource and not from a disk DLL.

On checkboxes in variables list I still have to think if to use it or remove. I will work in next weeks improving variable value visualization especially for UDT. Maybe I will add few more intrerface to Core to get UDT elemnts values and show them in a treeview.

Ciao
    Eros