Thread: INI module help required

INI module help required

I'm currently playing around with the INI module, dynamically building the entire file and I have a problem I'm trying to solve for which I require some help.

Currently my 'ini file' works using either of the following layouts.

[DataOne]
    SomeValue=SomeData
    [DataTwo]
    OtherValue=OtherData
    [DataThree]
    ExtraValue=ExtraData
    [SectionName]
    ValueName=DataOne
    ValueName=DataTwo
    ValueName=DataThree

or better still
    [DataOne]
    SomeValue=SomeData
    [DataTwo]
    OtherValue=OtherData
    [DataThree]
    ExtraValue=ExtraData
    [SectionName]
    ValueName=DataOne,DataTwo,DataThree

Okay now using INI_SetKey when I output SectionName, ValueName, DataTwo it overwrites the previous 'DataOne' entry when what I ideally want is to either append to the line with a comma delimiter or add an additional line as shown above.

Because my 'Data*' value data entries are actually names of the other sections within the ini file, I figured that the best way may be to use INI_GetSectionKeyList to list each and then build a comma delimited line writing it once again using INI_SetKey.
    My problem with this method is that the INI_GetSectionKeyList is CRLF separated as opposed to commas.

Any suggestions please.

Re: INI module help required

Yes, the key of an INI file is SectionName + ValueName so you cannot have more than one ValueName in the same section.

I can change INI_GetSectionKeyList in order to specify the separator.

In the while you can get the list and use REPLACE$ to replace $CRLF to "," before to assign to your section name list.
    Or you can parse into an array. Or there are other ways to have the same effect. There are a lot of functions working with strings and delimiters.

Anyhow, INI_GetSectionKeyList already gives you the list of sections so you can avoid to have a key with the list. Unless you do not need them all but just some of them.

Ciao
    Eros

www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Thankyou very much for your help, I've successfully used REPLACE$ as you suggested in order to solve my problem.

Next thinBasic version will have the following updates on INI module:

INI_GetKey function improved. Default value is now optional
    [code=thinbasic]INI_GetKey(FileName, SectionName, KeyName [, DefaultValue])[/code]

INI_GetSectionsList function improved. It is now possible to indicate a specific separator for section names
    [code=thinbasic]INI_GetSectionsList(FileName [, sSep])[/code]

INI_GetSectionKeyList function improved. It is now possible to indicate a specific separator for section key names
    [code=thinbasic]INI_GetSectionKeyList(FileName, SectionName [, sSep])[/code]

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000