Thread: MDI + TBGL

MDI + TBGL

To test the attached example you need at least thinBasic preview 1.7.0.0 refresh 2008.11.01
    See this post if you do not know how to get it: http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?topic=2257.0

Hi all,

attached a little test I was shocked it would work but it seems to work fine under XP.
    An MDI example with more MDI windows (use File/New menu) plus a MDI window working with TBGL (use View/TBGL menu) all working in real time without flickering. Resize, reduce, maximize, move whatever MDI child window and see by yourself.

All this is just testing before final release of revolutionary thinBasic 1.7.0.0 (I know, I'm exaggerating but you know ... ;D )

Have fun
    Eros

PS: just open TBGL window once because TBGL is not (yet) multi window.

ADDED: added EXE version in the zip file so even those not having thinBasic 1.7.0.0 can see and test the example.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Re: MDI + TBGL

Hi Eros,

very nice example.
    I can imagine some UI designer done 100% in ThinBasic with mouse control...

Just one thing - when I click File/New form, then click on bottom right corner and drag fast to resize, controls are sometimes badly rendered. Going with mouse over them usually corrects the behavior.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Yes, I know, there are other problems in drawing (for example if you draw a rect and drag up till the top edge you will see wrong settings but it is not important in this case because this example was developed for testing MDI functionalities.

Ciao
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Added EXE version inside zip file so everyone can see demo in action and test it.

hi all

a) by chance I have found this very interesting MDI (MDI Testdialog Edit + TBGL) example because I was looking for an example to include new popup windows for TBGL and have added a cube in the TBGL menu (View/TBGL)...

- I have pushed a new drawQuad() function in it, changed the background color and after the script hasn't accept the drawQuad() first, after building some code lines of the quad and polygon new it does happens (wasn't as easy as I thought)

b) by the way: the "Control" little window popup you can close only by clicking at the Control menu??? You cannot close it by clicking on the small X icon (top right)...

c) click menu Window/Tile Horizontal or Vertical and the layout of the UI changes Good!

d) MDI is quite new for me the world of thinbasic modules are big

best regards, Lionheart
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart008
    b) by the way: the "Control" little window popup you can close only by clicking at the Control menu??? You cannot close it by clicking on the small X icon (top right)...
    I will let you discover the trick ;D