Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Concept: Citys

Re: Concept: Citys

We are building a wipe-out style racing game. We are not racing on the city streets we are racing on the track. Cities are scenery around the track, like in wipe-out, and as described in the design document.

I am not saying the work has to be thrown-out... just that it does not need "Building-blocks" if it is not going to be in a "Track"... It would not be bound to the limitations of "Building-blocks" if it is just going to be rendered and turned into artwork. The design document says they are "Unseen" in the game.

I didn't even mention them being in the game. He suggested that we were building a track for them.

You gave up on the editor Michael. This is what I need to make it work in the editor and also function in the game. Which is why I proposed these ideas/limits/standards, so we are all on the same page, not four separate pages.

If the cities are not part of the track... than you can throw-out anything I proposed. You have no limits... Design them, render them, save the BMP images, and they will be in the game graphics. We will race on empty tracks with no city walls or city scenery, since the tracks are now apparently not inside the cities, or the cities are invisible while we are on the track. My fault, I completely misunderstood the project.

You gave up on the editor Michael. This is what I need to make it work in the editor and also function in the game.
    Point taken. Your game!

I'm out of here. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hartlef
    You gave up on the editor Michael. This is what I need to make it work in the editor and also function in the game.
    Point taken. Your game!

I'm out of here. By!
    No need to leave... You are the one with more knowledge of TB... I have already beat you to the resignation-box... ;D

If you were still making the editor... it would have been "What you need", and I would not have seen that statement as being a personal ownership of the game. I don't know why you are turning that around into ownership. You asked us how to implement the track and then turned-over the editor to anyone willing to work on it.

I thought, from what was said, that the city was going to be part of the track, not just art.

Seriously though... I do believe I have over-stayed my welcome. Feel free to use anything I said or created, in part or in whole, as your own. Thank-you... I have learned a lot, and can be contacted through PM for silent help, where I may offer it, if it is wanted. (Can't guarantee it will be help!) :P

Now get back here and lead your team to a winning entry. Win or loose... TB still wins, we still win.

Hey guys, we are a team and we are working remotely, which is very hard. It is easy for nerves to get out of control. On top of that many members are English is second language, so we need to cut slack a lot in our readings.

A race game is very hard as we are seeing many aspects to it and since everything in a game is linked it makes it that much harder to work.

In reality, if we were all in one building it would take 6 months to work out the design document before anything even started. So what we are trying to do is very very difficult.

To make it doable we need a project dictator, with one vision and make the decisions and issue assignments. I think this is the only way this will be finished. Also we have to all agree not to take things personally or feel attacked. All on these forums have proved themselves as nice hard working people.

So all take a deep breathe and let us continue. I think someone on the coding team needs to step up to be a hard dictator with a good heart and strong vision.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: Concept: Citys, track-lines

sorry, moved my post to... the track tile board...

http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?topic=2196.15

lionheart

you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: Concept: Citys + Citybuildings

dear thinbasic friends...

=> if somebody needs city concepts in time or city buildings I have found a really fantastic way to build such things ;D

a) - I show two pictures of it, I am astonished what's possible with a good 3d app

b) - only little problem to fix is the size... and the polygon count... - the more details of sky towers, streets and buildings the more you need space !!!

c) - the m15 file of the red city is ca. 1.5 mb big... !!! but it looks very, very nice :

I will change the ground size of the city area and then it's perfect !

more will come later, best wishes, Lionheart
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345