Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Few ideas on the game

Re: Few ideas on the game

Jason, sorry I am confused on the tile size. Are you saying the tiles should be 100 x 100 meters? Or 20x20 Meters?

I will work on skybox designs till the designers and coders establish tile sizes before I model anything.

One note, I was thinking it would be neat to be able to design buildings with track component in a tile. For example tunnels
    or building bridges with track underneath. So having a uniform tile size for both city and track elements could be very beneficial.

Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: Few ideas on the game

TileUnit = 100 x 100 meters (Ones I am using)
    RoadDiameter = 20 x 20 meters (Minimum for generic road)

I was trying to say...
    Tile Types:
    - Road-Solid {Full, no city, no road-fill}
    - Road-Blank {Blank, no city, but can have road-fill}
    - City-Solid {Solid city block only, can only be on unoccupied block}
    - City-Fill {Designed as road-fill, can be placed only over designated road-blank}

EG, Road-Solid would occupy an irregular shape, and have generic support objects as part of the track. Such as a high-banked "S" curve that occupies a 100 x 200 tile-set.

Road-Blank would be like the ones I have in the sandbox3. They only occupy 1/5 of the tile, and have plenty of room for an overlapped city-blank to be used as fill, for that track-type. (The straight track may have 4-5 variations, but they will all be 20 x 100 meters in the 100 x 100 meter box, so one city-fill could work on multiple track-segments.)

City-Solid would be a solid chunk of city... no room for anything else.

Where a City-Fill is going to be created, for now, design it with a "Space" of 20 meters by 20 meters by 100 meters, for the track to pass through. (Until we decide on a max camera height... we want to avoid the camera passing through building structures.)

I would not design more than two "City-Fill" blocks, per track style. (Straight and 1/4 turn are the only two styles at the moment. I have attached the 3DS files. Take note, the 3DS files have a "Box-Ring" as a base-guide. The box-ring will not be part of the final track segments, I only used them to test alignment. The rings are 1 meter tall, and are below the ground level of the object (Like a base with an invisible top.). EG, the top of the ring is aligned to 0 meters in the sand-box.

That is why I suggested using a 100 x 100 x 100 meter cube as a guide. Assume that a normal 4-lane road runs between city-blocks for now, as if this were a large-city block. That is roughly a width of about 24 feet (8 meters) on each block-edge that should be removed from the 100 x 100 tile edge. So "Building area" would be within, 84 x 84 x 100 meters, with the 8 meter flat-road creating the remainder of the size to 100 x 100.

I am thinking, if we do all the cities over water... We can create a water-line base on the cities, like an infinite foundation, but not infinite, to extend through the water-level.

If we use walls, as city-solid structures, they can contain a similar foundation on the "inner side", so we can zoom-out, and see where the ocean meets the walls, but the ocean will not be inside the city.

I will make a quick sample of those also... for testing in the sandbox3.

The ZIP has a few 3DS files. (1 unit = 1 meter)

One of the buildings has some objects and markers in there... 3-meter floor-height, scale-car, scale-craft, scale-triangle (1x2x2)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 1