View Poll Results: Which story/setting should the game be based on?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lionheart008

1 20.00%
  • Michael Clease 1

2 40.00%
  • Michael Clease 2

2 40.00%

Thread: Poll: Game story and setting

Poll: Game story and setting

Ok folks,

here we go. To concentrate and work further on story and setting, I want you guys to vote now on your favorite. The choosen package will be a guideline for the artwork and could have also an effect on the game play. You have two days and have one vote.

Have fun
    Michael

thinBasic MVPs

Re: Poll: Game story and setting

Just So there is no confusion here are the stories.

Lionhearts - Golden Race Cup

my first story - Govern

my second story - World Hovercraft Racing

Attached Files Attached Files
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

hi michael, dear abraxas
    hi all...

- yes, good one for making an overview... btw: the name of my story "golden race cup"

- I am not sure, that everybody has read the three stories... only a few replies of thinStudio members to the stories... - would nice, if 'everybody' of the thinStudio members can check it and say it's ok with the poll and with the dead line for voting

- if everything is ok, do it and vote for the right story...

good evening, lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Thanks Guys for the stories. I read them in final form and it was tough deciding.

The 2 main stories are both really nice and different from each other. I tried to visualize what I read and just thought in the end the simplest idea for such a small team of developers would be the way to go. Since we are a small team and time is short, I voted for World Hovercraft Racing. This way the time we have and the small team can work on making the game play as fun as possible.

Thanks for the well thought out ideas!

Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Before I vote...

How flexible will further development of the actual story be? (Since there are a lot of elements that are not related to the story in these submissions.)

I am still not sure what, "Swimming", is doing in a hovercraft race.

On another end, I am not sure that I want to vote on the entire game dynamics, based off just one of these ideas. (I would like to know that they could be merged to some extent, and would rather have to vote on the specific story elements. As to which elements we keep and develop, or which we remove.)

- Scenery location (City, Water, Air, Country)
    - Scenery subjects (Surrounding landmarks and desired looks.)
    - Vehicle choices (Types of "wipe-out style", not whole new vehicles.)
    - Game play interaction (Flow, not rules. Rules are a result of programming ability or limitations.)
    - Characters (If any exist, as in AI opponents or "Your persona", who you play as. {Gordon Freeman})
    - Reward dynamics (Not specifics like $10,000 or 3 new engines.)
    - Fun Factor (What non-game elements are present for enjoyment, not play.)
    - Complication (It it possible, plausible, and worth mentioning.)

Like I said, I would have liked to see the two stories merged. No one replied back, except to say... "No, I don't see that". One is not a story, it is a list of game elements, simple, but not a story (We already agreed that this would be a race.).

If these will be set in stone, then please give me 2 hours to submit another individual story. (It is here, in the forums, just all in separate posts. It will be unique... I assure you!)

I'll be quick about it...

thinBasic MVPs

I am not really bothered which story we follow but Mike did ask a long time ago if anyone else had stories to submit.

Dont you think because time is running out that you should of done your story a while back.

If you are going to reply to this post dont write a book because I only tend to read about 3 lines of any post you do.

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Sorry Jason,

I had asked for submissions a while back so I the 3 stories/settings that were posted are the ones to vote on. We don't have the time for constantly change things.

Michael

Ok... I didn't see a deadline, and I thought our input on the stories was going to be more like a collaboration... (Added to the story, or would impact the actual storyline.)

I voted... for the one most open to suggestion.

Ok, so we have a draw...

So a pure 50/50 mix of the two, would be the goal being changed to a normal race setup, as opposed to world-rule through a race. Also, more realistic "Styled" tracks, as opposed to some of the complete unique and wide-open style races in story 1.

Can we discus some of the setting and elements related to "game design", like (Number of human-races), which can be part of the story, but are not a specific story element. Also, discus what is, or is not possible in game development, so it can be excluded from the story, or have elements added to the story. (Things that are possible, and we have discussed in other locations as possible inclusion.)

I would like my hand at re-writing a story, based off those decisions, using this original story elements and format. (Thus, not another "new" submission, but a revision of story-code. This would change with continued development of the game.)

hi all

short reply: as the topic of the story duel (petr's column) was closed during my absence the last week I say hello and congratulation for the "govern" idea, dear michael clease I support this idea (of course) and must read it again

hope this story becomes a very good basis for our game... I am not updated with the current status of all done working projects at the game...

"govern" sounds very good

best regards, Lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need