Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game (Story, Settings) by Lionheart

Game (Story, Settings) by Lionheart

;D

short reply: I have promised it, so a alternative story comes around...

"The golden Race cup": Ok... this is not the fine tuning idea, but I have started it one week before (at night!)... and I like a more positively way and the player/pilots should take more intelligent to win the race and I am thinking about environment pollution and such themes too I love powerful engines and a dangerous race road...

the hovercraft race can be done by air, land, water... but read first of all the story...

have fun with it...

bye, more will come, I am in a hurry, Lionheart (Frank Brübach)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: Game (Story, Settings) by Lionheart

Wow a very creative alternate story indeed, Frank, thanks I enjoyed reading it.

You guys in the story team are coming up with great ideas, thanks!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Hi Frank,

this is interesting idea, thanks!

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

hi petr, hi kent... hi all

short reply... more about the idea behind the story background of "the golden race cup" I will create tomorrow, I like it to spread my wings about the details and some interesting parts of the history we can realize perhaps.. so long, good evening, thanks for first nice replies

- creation some kind of 'glass-spheres' full of life and action, perhaps this idea can be developed for this game and the pilots can change / switch by their positively efforts the spheres with different worlds (deserts, water worlds, skies, rocky regions, jungles and more...)... I give tomorrow more hints about this idea...

ciao, good night, lionheart

ps: do you think it's also possible to create or include bodies of man/women/children/animals figures in the game? I don't think about zygote objects with one million polygons...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Hi Lionheart,

I used TBGL to animated both crowdy scene and human character in the past, the scripts are part of TBGL Bonus Pack 1.6.0.10.

But the animation is currently in stage you need to more think about "how" than "what". This should change with next TBGL versions, but it requires some planing.

For this game I would concentrate on hovercraft physics, nice visuals and ballanced AI.
    Of course, for me it is not problem to prepare simple animation for cutscene, but better to leave "organic" animation out of main focus of the game.

Petr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

dear petr

yes, you are quite right...

But the animation is currently in stage you need to more think about "how" than "what". This should change with next TBGL versions, but it requires some planing.

For this game I would concentrate on hovercraft physics, nice visuals and ballanced AI.
    yes, I agree with you... I was just thinking loud dreaming of it, what can be possible some days... with thinbasic and tbgl

more about my little story tomorrow, good night... Must go to bed

bye, lionheart

Also a very good setting for the game. That will be a hard decision to make. Good job Frank.

Re: Game (new Story, Settings) by Lionheart

hello dear thinStudio friends

I present here the second time my story of the "golden race cup" with more details...

Would be nice when you can read this one with rest and make constructive critics, you are all welcome to do this...

a) have fun with it... I am thinking there may be a lot of possibilities to realize this background story for the upcoming new thinBasic game...

b) my race takes ten rounds, the players/pilots can choose their engines/chassis and change their hovercrafts as they wish after the first round by winning points and conquering the first big hurdles... the race track includes different areas (air, water, desert, rocky regions, vulcano islands, jungle and more...)

c) I am totally open for good hints, advices, good ideas, technological aspects and loud thinking on this thread

thanks for taking attention to the story
    best wishes, Lionheart (Frank)

ps: apologize for my silly english
    Attached Files Attached Files

...the story as long

Game idea, “thinStudio” team, Vol. 1a, by lionheart, (frank brübach), 30.09.-01.102008, first issue J

“My aim: I would like to see more a positive, friendly way of living and loving between mankind, countries and nature for the future… the aspect of science, environment and technological progress is for the race attraction important

- Begin of new story plot with more details…

“The Golden Race Cup” over ten rounds…
    (the final race starts in Berlin, Nature area of SonyArena)

1) The near coming future…
    Near future, the year of 2125 starts as usual at the 01. April with the famous and spectacle “Golden Race Cup” (flying, swimming, road/desert driving) with eight qualified groups for the final race. This time the Earth-Water-Air Race (EWA Race) will open at the Nature Area of Sony Arena in Berlin… A wide open safety region in the nature full of hurdles, dangerous rooms, volcano areas, stormy threats, indefinable traps, not visible gravity holes and underwater monsters…

2) Background of the race: After the third world war in 2078 has destroyed the complete earth atmosphere, the nature collapsed (flora and fauna), most animal breeds died and 75 per cents of world population of the metropolitan cities , the meadows, the woods, the oceans, the seas are poisoned with toxics, radioactive elements…and there was no more food on earth and it takes more than 40 years to become a new friendly world population in autarkly well functioned “Glassball Oeco Spheres” (GOS). The new built GOS countries are: USA, Europe, Russia, Asia, China, Africa. But this new life is not easy to handle and every good idea is needed to improve life circumstances and survive in the their new habitats of earth… Nobody on earth will have a new world war without mankind or nature… the Life Spheres has developed new technologies as flying cars looking like hovercraft objects… they need only few fuel and oil, but other resources like water, plant oil, sun energy, hydrogen and even organic material they can use to power up their engines…

3) Lifespheres: Young and old people are living mainly (chiefly) happy in peace and with a good prosperity together in their own, independent LifeSpheres (Glass spheres areas full of plants, buildings, nature friendly technology with sun, wind and regenerative resources) on their growing up life spheres full of small towns and lovely, beautiful landscapes… For one day the people leaving their habits for the great happening and applause from the big arena stadion to their beloved racing team…

4) The Game: ‘Eight teams’ with in each case two persons (pilots) of every GOS Country can participate at the Golden Race Cup in Berlin they have qualified three races before in New York, Moskau and Indianapolis. Every player can choose his craft mobile free of choice, but before the race starts the player can only for one time pick up their first energy/power resources and engines for the first round. After conquer positively all breaks and dangerous hurdles without losing their life or machines, the pilots can change the second times their engines and chassis for the next task… following through air, jungle or swimming world…

5) => The idea of the game is: The pilots with the best skills will win the race: but take attention! Only the pilot/machine with the‘lowest environment pollution’ and the ‘best fitted relationship between driving skills and velocity as a kind of time factor’ will win the cup…

Every pilot in his own created vessel (hovercrafts) has the same low starting options and can get more power to the engines by buying resources (fuel, lives, body power, chassis forms and more…) or winning points only with personal efforts during the time limited racing track… but the aim must be to produce very less environment pollution to save points by tanking different resources during the race and so different engines can be chosen by the pilots to change the different landscape race track environments (air, water, land)…

The pilots can only use the laser/bullet/fire/ice weapons on board (if the vessel tanks are full of energy!) to destroy the flying mines, rocky hurdles, bursting volcano island or burning woods…

6) Winning prizes: The best WorldRacingTeam (WRT) earn first of all a lot of money. Second: they can develop new technologies for a better world for all on earth and making gifts to all other Lifespheres, they can profit of this ideas…J The winning team of the WRT winning money, get food, water resources, energy one year free of charge for their families, children, friends and get access to all science and knowledge sponsored by very famous and big companies of the world to improve life circumstances of everybody on earth…

7) End of race: The race with hovercraft mobiles end exactly after ten rounds… by conquering the final straight line with both pilots (they are still living) in her hovercraft machines with running engines… J

- End, second… version -

I am curious if somebody read all this... must laugh... good evening, lionheart

Ye,s it is a very good background. We will have a voting on all the entries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast