Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game: Story, Setting (Michael Clease)

thinBasic MVPs

Re: Game: Story, Setting

Ribs a bit sore but I dont think it is broken really just very very painfull, anyway enough feeling sorry for myself /endoftopic

Had a little Idea.

How about the tracks being built on floating structure on the water. neutral ground.

think about it, the rebels can not get access to the cities and this would make the back drop a lot easier, alot less art work.

Perhaps each craft could be dropped on screen from some kind of aircraft, that would solve the "how do they get from one track to another".

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

yes, I think it is a nice idea with the track on water. Also the dropping of the vessel from a carrier. Great idea.

Hi Mike(s),

this is interesting concept.

So something looking like petroleum harvest platforms in the sea?

One thing - I now do not get where rebels come in ?! Do they live only on those platforms, but not in cities?

Petr

Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    Hi Mike(s),

this is interesting concept.

So something looking like petroleum harvest platforms in the sea?

One thing - I now do not get where rebels come in ?! Do they live only on those platforms, but not in cities?

Petr

Maybe they live on captured Oiltankers. Waterworld comes into my mind. For the tracks, maybe not on these harvets platforms but ground with stamps into the sea.

thinBasic MVPs

I was thinking that they dont like technology so boats are ok, so they would get to the floating islands/boats/rigs we could use all of them.

Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400

I think if Frank doesn't show up soon and presents another idea that we should take into count too, then I think we should follow the story of Michael Clease.

I am still living, good morning sorry for lately reply...

a) hi all, dear michael, yes, I will send a 'new idea', I need time until tomorrow... then I reply to the topic closer

b) must only read all this stuff of the last days and more about abraxas story plot (good job!, abraxas!) I like scifi stories too...

c) more will come, I am sure, Lionheart (Frank)

my girl friend has had an accident, sorry, but I had to care about her a lot...
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

thinBasic MVPs

Mike perhaps it would be better to have 2 threads for the stories.

my version and Franks, the cross posting will get a bit confusing.

When we have 2 versions (or more if someone else wants a go) to look at we can see better which direction to go and close the thread of the other story and save that for the next game

P.S. I hope your girlfriend is Ok. Now is time to really impress her.

Good idea Mike. Frank, please open a new topic with your story.

Re: Game: Story, Setting (Michael Clease)

thank you dear abraxas, have done it

ciao und servus, Lionheart ;D

by the way: I have read your story, a very good one... compliments
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: Game: Story, Setting (Michael Clease)

I like this one the best, as a concept to run with... but I strongly think the two stories can be merged as a whole single concept. (Not the race-car-track story, the glass-bubble story.)

Both have an edge to them, and more than enough for creating one unique story. (My brain has already merged the two into one, visually.)

I see your rebels running around in his bubbles, spreading "Save the tree's" propaganda, and trying to "Save" everyone with the pollution-free vehicles. Demanding that everyone use nuclear power and segways. Hehe...

But with knives and sledge-hammers as the propaganda medium of choice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast