Thread: New web site download area

New web site download area

I've substituted download area in thinBasic web site with a new one in order to try to solve download problems some users have mentioned here in forum or by private mail.

I'm still setting up it: for the moment only thinBasic is available. I will add all downloads in next few days.

See at
    http://www.thinbasic.com/index.php?o...oads&Itemid=95

www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Re: New web site download area

Nice and clean layout!

Eros, one thing. Bonus Packs for example have now very long description, but in one paragraphs, which makes it hard to read. Would it be possible to "paragraphize" it a bit?

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Sorry, can you explain? I'm not able to understand.

Every suggestion is welcome.
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi Eros,

I am sorry

I just meant that instead of following download description:
    Latest version of TBGL Bonus Pack is represented as collection of scripts created by ThinBasic community using ThinBasic Graphic Library. All scripts require at least ThinBasic 1.6.0.10 to run. TBGL provides higher level abstraction of some OpenGL mechanisms and adds some new functionality as well. TBGL can be combined with raw OpenGL, provided by header files thinbasic_gl.inc, thinbasic_glu.inc and thinbasic_glext.inc. Samples are divided in 13 different areas for easier searching. Animation This subdirectory contains scripts, which demonstrate various animation approaches realizable in TBGL. Covered is both facial and body animation, including crowd scene. Benchmarks Benchmarks are programs to measure TBGL performance. Currently there is just one benchmark which can report how fast your PC handles display lists and model rendering. Results are reported in form of automatically created chart. Entity System Scripts in this section demonstrate some techniques which can be achieved using entity system, such as tile rendering and optimized way to seek for nearest object. Game Concepts This directory contains prototypes of games, including remakes of 8 bit classics such as Pong , space shooters and Arkanoids. Simple demo of controllable vehicle is included as well. GUI and text Scripts demonstrate using TBGL for designing Graphical User Interface, as well as handling simple text rendering. Math Programs demonstrating rendering of various mathematical function, including 3 dimensional ones. 2 Physics Little demonstration of using Open Dynamics Engine with ThinBasic. Scripts show way how to visualize bodies from simulation and how to interact with them. Post processing This section demonstrates approaches used in current games, such as full screen or partial glow, radial blur, lens flare simulation and marking 3D objects using 2D overlay. Procedural generation Term “procedural generation” in context of graphics refers to creation of objects and surfaces on the fly, instead of loading them from files. Script in this section demonstrates approach for real time generation of trees. Shader programming Two example scripts with many premade shader programs show how to use GLSL language from within ThinBasic to produce visually attractive results. Scripts demonstrate use of both single and multiple shaders in simple scene. Space and planets Few scripts demonstrating multiple ways how to represent solar system using TBGL. Provided source code shows how to design solar system using standard OpenGL approach and with help of entity system as well. Special effects Scripts show how to design and render particle systems, how to represent voxel geometry and how to do multi texturing as well. Water and liquids Scripts in this directory show different approaches on water handling, including streams and fake reflection, in ThinBasic.
    ... the code could be better sctructured as:
    Latest version of TBGL Bonus Pack is represented as collection of scripts created by ThinBasic community using ThinBasic Graphic Library. All scripts require at least ThinBasic 1.6.0.10 to run.

TBGL provides higher level abstraction of some OpenGL mechanisms and adds some new functionality as well. TBGL can be combined with raw OpenGL, provided by header files thinbasic_gl.inc, thinbasic_glu.inc and thinbasic_glext.inc.

Samples are divided in 13 different areas for easier searching.

Animation
    This subdirectory contains scripts, which demonstrate various animation approaches realizable in TBGL. Covered is both facial and body animation, including crowd scene.

Benchmarks
    Benchmarks are programs to measure TBGL performance. Currently there is just one benchmark which can report how fast your PC handles display lists and model rendering. Results are reported in form of automatically created chart.

Entity System
    Scripts in this section demonstrate some techniques which can be achieved using entity system, such as tile rendering and optimized way to seek for nearest object.

Game Concepts
    This directory contains prototypes of games, including remakes of 8 bit classics such as Pong , space shooters and Arkanoids. Simple demo of controllable vehicle is included as well.

GUI and text Scripts
    demonstrate using TBGL for designing Graphical User Interface, as well as handling simple text rendering.

Math Programs
    demonstrating rendering of various mathematical function, including 3 dimensional ones. 2 Physics Little demonstration of using Open Dynamics Engine with ThinBasic. Scripts show way how to visualize bodies from simulation and how to interact with them.

Post processing
    This section demonstrates approaches used in current games, such as full screen or partial glow, radial blur, lens flare simulation and marking 3D objects using 2D overlay. Procedural generation Term "procedural generation" in context of graphics refers to creation of objects and surfaces on the fly, instead of loading them from files. Script in this section demonstrates approach for real time generation of trees.

Shader programming
    Two example scripts with many premade shader programs show how to use GLSL language from within ThinBasic to produce visually attractive results. Scripts demonstrate use of both single and multiple shaders in simple scene.

Space and planets
    Few scripts demonstrating multiple ways how to represent solar system using TBGL. Provided source code shows how to design solar system using standard OpenGL approach and with help of entity system as well.

Special effects
    Scripts show how to design and render particle systems, how to represent voxel geometry and how to do multi texturing as well. Water and liquids Scripts in this directory show different approaches on water handling, including streams and fake reflection, in ThinBasic.

Thanks,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Ok, I see. Thanks.

The problem was that old download module didn't accepted any HTML formatting tag so the only available formatting was just space. Even new line was removed. I suppose this was due for security reasons in order to avoid tag injection.

With the new one I have full control over text formatting so I will do it.

Ciao
    Eros

Eros,

The way I get around turning HTML formatted content to text is I use Outlook.

1. Copy section of HTML your want to turn into text.
    2. Create a HTML Outlook e-mail
    3. Paste HTML from clipboard
    4. Change format of e-mail to text

Outlook does a pretty good job of retaining format as it's turned into text.

John
    ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org