Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lionheart008: model example

Lionheart008: model example

ok! "one game!"

dear michael, kent, petr, simone..., I agree with you all! after finished the first game we start the next one ... out of any contest...

here my next little 5 cent input for this evening:

I have changed a very, very little the 'ww1concept' game with fokkers aeroplanes from petr... with my both objects (ufo and missile)... It's nice to see they can flying and struggling... one is missing: textures! ...

It was only fun I did it and learn some good things by this interesting little script. Compliments to petr

=> the game includes two files, petrs original script and lionhearts script...
    try it and have fun...

ciao und servus, Lionheart
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Lionheart,

try to make your rockets to have "nose" on Z axis when exporting ( just turn 90° right ), that will assure they will not fly "by side".
    But thanks for the sample, looked interesting!

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Nothing like seeing a model one makes move, congratulations LionHeart. I know how exciting it must feel to see something you dreamed up move around in a program.

Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

hi all dear petr...

try to make your rockets to have "nose" on Z axis when exporting ( just turn 90° right ), that will assure they will not fly "by side".
    do you mean by converting the obj file into m15 file? or I must change the script?

@kent...
    yes, feels very good, but it's just a first step to make it better and the skeleton of the script was done by petr, not me... but one day I am sure, I will manage it... but it's a good feeling to see flying my objects...

...good evening, no more input this night... must sleep and get free of the cold
    lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: Lionheart008: model example

Messages slitted.

Thanks to all.
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

for petr

sorry, nothing changed if I rotate the prey object in z direction before exporting as OBJ file with 90 degree... I have done it... but...

- the 'side drifting' effect of the Ufo object is still alive must have other reasons...???

- good night finished again... couldn't sleep with this little problem... I am an alien too!

lionheart

Hi,

good to know you are alien too, I think there will be no humans on this forum soon... assimilation will be complete <devilish laugh here>

The problem was you rotated the first model by 90° on other side, and the other probably around other axis
    So here comes fixed version

Petr

Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Good morning all thinStudio fans

hi petr, thank you very much for fixed example... I will try it after dog walking

- Important for my texture problem: I have found the "texture error" after exporting my objects from cinema and lightwave...

a) My problem of missing textures belongs to a missing *.mtl file, Lightwave export is with the OJB file (good!), but Cinema didn't such thing (bad!), so I have got an error message when converting the OBJ into M15 file...

b) one day headache, but I have found this morning the evil technical mistake !

c) I have built a new space ship (sol-art) with only one blue texture and I can convert it without problems into M15 file, such things I wanted to do yesterday... ;D

more will come, I am sure... go with my head through the wall

best wishes, Lionheart

Hi all,

@ LionHeart nice models, the ship is next-gen

I've done a simple mod at your script ww1 concept where i add a very simple collision between hunter and prey. ;D

Ciao,

Simone
    LapTop Pc: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 • 2GB 533MHz DDR2 RAM • 160GB hard disk • 512MB ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics • Win Vista SP1<br />Desktop Pc: 1.6GHz Intel Core 2&nbsp; • 2GB DDR2 RAM •&nbsp; 1024MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT • WinXp&nbsp; SP3

hi all,
    coming up my next steps...

@simone:
    first of all: "GREAT"!
    add a very simple collision between hunter and prey
    - dear simone, I will check it as soon as possible and give you my positively feedback, I am sure! ... improve the script with collision detection with the new issue perhaps I can manage it tomorrow... today I have some stressily actions

- I am troubling around for best fitted texture mapping stuff... and must learn to create texture mapping with lightwave... every day I am sailing through a new black hole

new issue of petrs/lionhearts ww1concept:
    - I have built in new two models, a space ship, Sol-Art, and a Torus-Capsule object...

- I have managed it to texture these two objects with simple color (blue, red), but it's not the way I like it in the original way to bump them or give them fantastic shader design... this will be the next task for tomorrow...

I add the new script here again...

best regards, good luck for new ideas to all, specially for simone!

lionheart

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast