Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Code: Gui module or include file

Re: Code: Gui module or include file

Hi Mike,

this looks very nice, thanks for your work.
    Worked very well for me!

Few thoughts:
    - it seems the corrdinate system for GUI is sticked to lower-left corner. You can pass parameters to TBGL_RenderMatrix2D to make it the same as in Windows - 0,0 in top-left corner.

- maybe it would be nice to have "Align" for whole dialog, so with changing resolution the dialog would be still present in bottom right corner, just smaller of course ( is this understandable ? ). Like anchor.

Petr

Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

No Petr, the defination of the gui elements are top, left, width, height. So for creating a gui it uses a "normal" corrdinate system with 0,0 at teh top-left corner. I just transfer this inside the code. but of couse, there are many roads to rome. thnaks for your hint.

Plus, this is far form being finished. I just wanted to show you how it is basically working.

Quote Originally Posted by Psch

- maybe it would be nice to have "Align" for whole dialog, so with changing resolution the dialog would be still present in bottom right corner, just smaller of course ( is this understandable ? ). Like anchor.
    I envision the following. You can create the gui, and of course it needs to be saved, using XML for it. It stores also on which resolution this gui was saved. When you load the gui, it will automatically rearange/resize(optional) all the gui elements.

Yes,

I just did not wanted to have fixed resolution game.

So the idea was - to have dialogs designed via fixed dimension way ( like in Windows in common, you change resolution and everything gets smaller ), but when I need main menu to be centered, I want it to be centered at any resolution.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Yes, that is the design goal. Dimension independant.

If you want to try my gui version, please go here and download the temporary thinCore.dll, which includes new commands for memory allocation.

http://community.thinbasic.com/index...15262#msg15262

thinBasic MVPs

thanks Mike

I like it, seems very complicated.

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    thanks Mike

I like it, seems very complicated.

You mean the two user commands it has so far or the whole gui coding?

thinBasic MVPs

Sorry, i will now give you a proper answer.

I Like the look and easy of creating the windows and buttons/frames on it, I ment the routines to build it take a bit of reading to understand. The more I look at it the easier it seems though.

Is there anyway Petr could build that into TBGL or is that overkill and not worth it?

to sum up very nice
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast