Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About ME! (Mark)

Re: About ME! (Mark)

Didn't want to make a new thread for this, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, either.

Just got good news this morning. It's about 7:00 AM here. My wife is pregnant. We are guessing about 5 weeks along.

I just had to tell someone. So, you all should feel privledged. You know before either of our parents.

Mark ;D

P.S. - And, the hurricane named Ike is about to hit us. Thankfully, we are several hundred miles away from the coast, so it will be weaker when it hits us in a few hours.

Hi Mark,

thanks for the very nice news, I guess you are now smiling and cannot stop it
    The hurricane does not sound very good, probably better to stay in house.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Mark

Congratulations! You are aware that babies turn into teenagers. Had I known that my babies were going to be teenagers, I think I would have put alot more thought into it before I had so many. ;D
    Good fortune with the hurricane. My relatives in Houston are getting blasted at this present time.
    Contempt Prior to Investigation = Everlasting Ignorance

Hey, congrats to you and your wife. That is the best thing in the world.!!!!!!

And goog luck with the hurricane.

thinBasic MVPs

Congrats on the baby, I have a nine month old and my advice is to get them in their own room as soon as possible and routine is everything. Anyone that says you must feed them every 4 hours without fail is talking rubbish, after about 3 week my little one was going through the night (7 pm - 7 am) and it was about 2 months until she was in her own room.

When your little one is born if people want to give you gifts ask for nappies and baby wipes, you will need lots

last tip never give them a dummy or in american pacifier I have a friend that gave their child one and she gets up every couple of hours to put it back in the babys mouth to stop it crying. just say NO.

I am sure other people with kids will give you tips.

Regards

Mike
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

We had the same, after 3 weeks my son sleeped through the night. It is important to put the baby in its own room early as you (as a couple) need time for yourself too. My son got his own room with 6 months, but only because we moved and then had another room for him. Before there was simply no space, but we moved the bed out of the bedroom i think with 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hartlef
    We had the same, after 3 weeks my son sleeped through the night. It is important to put the baby in its own room early as you (as a couple) need time for yourself too. My son got his own room with 6 months, but only because we moved and then had another room for him. Before there was simply no space, but we moved the bed out of the bedroom i think with 3 months.
    My mom just told me that I moved into my own room when I was 5 days old, and I went to church for the first time on the 6th day. They were working from a biblical schedule.

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words. And, the tips. "Nappies" - we had to laugh at that. Must be an "English" word. I don't know about you, but we we speak American.

As for the hurricane:

So far, we haven't had much rain though our neighbors to the south (Houston & Galvaston area) can't say the same thing. I have an uncle who lives in east Houston, and we heard that everything is well with him and his family ... except no power, and probably won't have any for several weeks.

Mark

I'm a bit late but I'm happy the same. Comgrat!
    Having a baby around is one of the best experience in the world even if your free time will be reduced a lot. And when he/she will be 2/3 years old it will be even better.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hartlef View Post
    I can always blame my american wife... for my english skills ;D
    hahahahah keep it up dear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12