Thread: Put articles on wiki

Put articles on wiki

This isn't an idea for an article but a place to put them after they have been distributed in the forums. I do like the idea of downloading a PDF, so don't change that. However, there seems to be little interest in the wiki page that was started a year ago. It would be nice to put something there.

Here's a thread where Eros announced the wiki page:

http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?topic=1135.0

Mark

Re: Put articles on wiki

Mark,

Maybe the thinBASIC wiki effort would have more success if it was based on Mediawiki. This is the same wiki software the Wikipedia uses.

The All Basic site has it installed and our webmaster is building a template for it so it matches the rest of the site.

There is a thinBASIC name space (TB) on the All Basic Wiki.  The All Basic thinBASIC wiki is a general information resource and not trying to compete with the efforts here.

John
    ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Personally I do not think a wiki web is a good way to share informations about a programming language.
    I created that wiki page because I was asked in the past but no material was placed since then. I think I will delete (if I can find where I stored the password :-[ )

I think spending our time in help file or writing articles for TBJ is a better way to us it.

But it is just my personal view. Feel free to do whatever you prefer on this matter.
    Of course if there will be great interest (many users) to have a wiki web on thinBasic I will create one under thinBasic domain name here.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Wiki web site removed.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000