Thread: About Mark_D

About Mark_D

Hello all,

I've been lurking thinBasic for a little while now, and finally decided to play around with it a bit.
    I tend to try different tools knowing that some tools are best suited for some tasks than others, so don't hate me if I ever use other languages too. I'm a bit of a 'player' that way. (I dont use screwdrivers to pound in nails either lolz)

I heard about thinbasic from MysticShadows in PCOPY sometime back - so he gets credit - or blame for my presence here now.

I'm not a programmer per se' - programming is a necessary evil for the various things I have interest in. I dont really enjoy the act of bashing my head against walls trying to accomplish a goal - but I am happy after the goal is accomplished.

I am more of an electronics type of guy at heart, but I have a wide range of interests in science, money, music, graphics etc.. and what computers are capable of in general (as a tool for those other interests )

I play the guitar and record it to MIDI I also compose in Sonar, and can be seen here:
    http://www.esnips.com/web/MD6Music
    MIDI is like my backup band I could never find.

Professionally I do web sites (e-commerce) using off the shelf packages that I simply tweak/customize visually, and even some mechanically - I find Im ok at 'hacking' exiting code (PHP), better than coming up with algo's all on my own - that's the stuff that drives me crazy most.

I am a horrible speeeler, and yes, my tpying sucks, but that's mostly from a bit of laziness combined with my spastic nature in trying to do too much at one time - so I will publicly apologize for that now and get it over with :s

Right now, Im just here to get acquainted with thinbasic and its community and try to learn as much as I can from playing around with it.

Thanks for your time - and have a great day!

Re: About Mark_D

Marks_D,

nice and original presentation. Welcome here.
    I hope you will find in this community a nice place where to stay for whatever reasons you will like to share.

Ciao
    Eros

PS: very very nice music! I'm 100% ignorant on the matter but I like your music is great.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi Mark,

and big welcome here. You sign sounds familiar.

I was listening to your songs. And I like them a lot. Very well performed and composed. I'm a little into music making myself.
    I'm using SONAR 6 Home edition myself and I like it a lot. Session Drummer is a gift. But next will be some CDs from
    http://www.betamonkeymusic.com/ . They have great loops for all kind of styles and sound awesome.
    You said you record to midi. So you record your guitar to midi. What produces the guitar sound then?
    Did you ever heard about SC ELECTRIC GUITAR from http://www.prominy.com/ . I love the sound of the demos so I might wanna
    get this too.

Michael

nice and original presentation. Welcome here.
    I hope you will find in this community a nice place where to stay for whatever reasons you will like to share.

Ciao
    Eros

PS: very very nice music! I'm 100% ignorant on the matter but I like your music is great.

Thanks very much, and for the warm welcome too.
    So you record your guitar to midi
    No, no, - I wasn't very clear on what I was saying.... I meant - I play my guitar along to MIDI (my electric backup band if you will), which I also compose (most of the time) - the electric guitar is me playing a real guitar (tho, the clean/accoustic sounding ones are probably midi).

On my page its a mix of stuff I played on a keyboard (MIDI controller) and stuff I placed notes in a piano roll editor ('What goes around comes around' is all done by hand placing notes) - and a couple songs there were a collaboration with someone over the internet (sent me MP3, and I added drums and bass to them)

But I also have a guitar synth too - that can take a guitar performance and convert to midi - but I almost never do, rarely use it anymore actually.

I love the sound of the demos so I might wanna get this too.
    WOW - that does sound good.... Most convincing electric guitar synth I have ever heard. The description, kind of reminds me of how Real Guitar operates (to get the various nuances when not 'just a plain note)

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys...

Mark

Hi Mark_D,

welcome and thanks for link to that music - very impressive!

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.